Just a update how I'm doing. Been a roller coaster

Posted , 3 users are following.

just a update of how I'm doing .i was on 20 mg for 4 weeks then i felt horrible worse that i went back to gp and he put it up to 40 mg. it has not been a easy ride. many times i thought like sectioning my self and losing my mind and losing control

side effects are worse than having anxiety and depression in the first place. makes it 10000000x worse

this is what i remember from top of my head

first week increased anxiety shaky tremors very sedated and full blown terror

2nd week the same as above but with suicidal thoughts really dark thoughts

also very numb flat and confused. waking up where i am. scary place to be. no appetite. headaches

3rd week same as above sky high anxiety eating me from head to toe no appetite

4th week some days i woke up very numb others very tired sedated others in full blown anxiety attack. in this week i felt meds working. my eyes were wide awake i couldn't sleep and i started to feel like life was more colourful hd . it was a bliss few hours over a few days

5th week same as above with more calming moments more apettite

6th week felt like gone back to square one anxiety depression hit me like a ton of bricks and very low low no appetite

7th week im very low not much anxious but i do feel sedated not much appetite

this has been a freaking roller coaster i will list my symptoms what i have had over the time i have been on this meds

depressed

miserable

anxious

headache

drymouth

numbness

stomach ache bloating

confusion

suicidal thoughts wish i wasn't here

itchy warm tremors

very bad tiredness sedated

jaw tension

heart burn reflux can't swallow without feeling something stuck

can't get out of bed

clammy

dizzy

prickly

when the anxietytravels all around your body believe me it's scary

many times i think right I'm going back to gp to try something different but i need to keep going

hopefully the light is coming soon

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Keep swimming. Going in right direction, those good moments will be back again

• Posted

hi im 15 days into 40mg increase going through everything you are 3 days will be 8 weeks on fluxidine altogether just wondering how your getting on

• Posted

hi Rob, ha my name's same , yes pretty bad at the moment

sleepy

agitated

aches pains

numb feelings

depression feelings

anxiety feelings

it's a roller coaster. I'm 11 weeks on 40 mg

wish i could level out and settle

keep us posted how your doing man

• Posted

hi mate hope your well have you not had any good days seems very long you would think you would have some good days in that timeframe yeah I'm going through all the usual ringing in the ears high anxiety negative thoughts constant low mood fatigue sweats nausea and the other end aswell no appetite legs feel weak and still have tremors just wish I could get back to normal been through hell

• Posted

iv had a few good days but not as many as i would like. i sent you a pm buddy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.