Just diagnosed with herpes type 2

Posted , 6 users are following.

My biggest fear in life has just been confirmed... Something I have been trying to protect myself my whole life.. I just feel so disgusting and worthless. My boyfriend of 6 months is not handling the news well... He just went in yesterday to get blood tests done because he himself has never had any symptoms. But I did hear it's easier for men to pass along to women because we have more soft tissue/more sensitive genital area from men..

I'm so worried that I will somehow have this and my boyfriend won't.. I'm so worried he's going to dump me over this because he can't handle any intense news well... I feel like I will never be able to live my life normally again.. How can I go a day without thinking about this? How will I ever have sex again?!!

I feel kind of lucky because it's just on the pubic hair region.. But I'm wondering if it can spread to the actual vagina? I'm so upset and I feel like I'll never be able to have children.. I don't know if anyone will reply to this but it just feels good to rant

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

same situation and I'm very depressed about it
    • Posted

I just can't believe it's happened to me... I feel like this is karma for something I must've done in my life. I remember a few weeks before I was diagnosed I made some nasty comments about someone I knew who had it.

It's nice there are other people who feel the same way because I haven't told a single soul except for my boyfriend..

• Posted

I feel same way but u can't stress bout it cuz that how u hav outbreaks n I'm scared 2 even tell my BF cuz I dnt wanna loose our relationship so I can c where comin frm
    • Posted

Did you know you had it before you guys started dating, or was it something that just popped up?

I feel so sad that he has possibly passed this on to me because at the beginning I got tested for herpes and it was negative and now I have it sad

I totally go through phases of accepting that I have it, then bursting into tears.. So hard to remain stress free when your biggest fear has happened to you

• Posted

Rite it somethings dat jus happen like I'm disgusting wit myself like y me
    • Posted

i have a lot of stress and anxiety since i found out 3 weeks ago..i want to tell him or if he knows about it.anyway were not in good relationship for almost 3 years because its distance far apart..i feel i want him tested for it..He have so much stress right now and i dont want him stressed out..i dont have outbreaks..

im so stress out and in tears everyday.I was seeing that our relationship wasnt working and want to move on.since i found out im so depressed...I just went for a test to make sure im clean but i end up positive herpes. i feel like i wanna end up myself...im crying and too much anxiety.how i can have relationship with a new guy.i wish i never went for a test..so i wont feel this way..

• Posted

Ugh I know... Ignorance truly is bliss. Sometimes I feel like my relationship is not working but I feel like now that this is happening I can never leave him because who would ever want me again?

Has this guy tested positive for it?

• Posted

You could have a normal sex life, you could have children just that if at the time of birth your having an outbreak you'll get a c section which isn't bad I had one and their not bad.
  • Posted

hey rebecca

first of all you should calm down and take a deep breath. it not the end of the world! i was diagnosed with genital herpes last week and im still trying to accept this fact and adjust to the new situation. my outbreak was very painful and severe as the doctor said. now the thing you have to think about is to pass through this and recover by following a treatment. 

there is a large possibility that your boyfriend transmitted it to you as long as its usual that a man can have the virus but with no symptoms. But in case he is ok, that does not mean that you cheated on him. you can have the virus for a prolonged time without being active. i had the same thoughts as you and  i still have .it needs time to compromise with the fact and get over it , but there will be better days, im sure

• Posted

I was just told I have it two weeks ago. And felt the same as you but now I'm actually okay with it . My bf knows and he's getting tested and he's really supportive so that played a huge part in being okay with it. I still haven't told anyone else besides him and was wondering have you?
    • Posted

i have told to some friends and family and they have been supportive as well. i told my latest sexual partner about the fact. i thought he is the one who transmitted the virus to me cause  i had  my first outbreak after a week of our sexual contact. but he still has had  no symptoms. so im not sure how i got infected.

its nice to hear that you have a  boyfriend who is responsible and comprehensive!

• Posted

Same thing with me. I know that my bf has been faithful all these years we've been together and he still hasn't shown any signs and neither have I I had my first outbreak two weeks ago so I'm not sure either.
    • Posted

did he have a blood test to detect antibodies for the virus? this can figure things out! 
    • Posted

No I chose not to get it since I tested positive with the swab
    • Posted

Simple. Ask him to get tested. IgG antibody blood test for herpes, not IgM. You don't need symptoms to be a carrier, to transmit the disease, or to test for IgG.
    • Posted

My doctor tld it 2 weeks 2 get ur 1st outbreak wen u catch it is dat tru
    • Posted

I can't say for sure , my doctor told me that many people can carry the virus for years and not know it and if I have had this for a while now then I never showed signs till two weeks ago when I had my first outbreak
    • Posted

That only happens in about 10% of cases (having no outbreak until years later).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.