Just diagnosed with herpes type 2

Posted , 6 users are following.

My biggest fear in life has just been confirmed... Something I have been trying to protect myself my whole life.. I just feel so disgusting and worthless. My boyfriend of 6 months is not handling the news well... He just went in yesterday to get blood tests done because he himself has never had any symptoms. But I did hear it's easier for men to pass along to women because we have more soft tissue/more sensitive genital area from men..

I'm so worried that I will somehow have this and my boyfriend won't.. I'm so worried he's going to dump me over this because he can't handle any intense news well... I feel like I will never be able to live my life normally again.. How can I go a day without thinking about this? How will I ever have sex again?!!

I feel kind of lucky because it's just on the pubic hair region.. But I'm wondering if it can spread to the actual vagina? I'm so upset and I feel like I'll never be able to have children.. I don't know if anyone will reply to this but it just feels good to rant

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like he gave it to you, provided your negative test from immediately before was the correct one for herpes (IgG).
    • Posted

The thing that drives me crazy about the fact that if he did give it to me... Is that he shows no symptoms! Ah to be a male. I'm waiting for his blood work tests to come back so we can see... Is there anyway he can test negative while I still have it even though we have been having sex unprotected for 6 months
    • Posted

Yes, the scenario you present is very possible, but since you tested negative at the outset, I would say not in your case, unless you did the wrong herpes test, tested too soon or have been unfaithful since. I'm guessing your bf will test positive. Most people with herpes are actually near-asymptomatic, as in they get *unrecognised* symptoms. Once they know what to look for, they can identify outbreaks, which may be extremely mild or like something else, e.g., jock itch. Men get off easy when it comes to STDs. Look at high-risk HPV. Rarely an issue for men, but women can get cervical cancer. Hardly seems fair!
    • Posted

Yes I have never cheated on him or anything at all... This sounds so awful of me but I'm kind of hoping he will test positive... So we are in this together type of deal. He already has not reacted will to the news.. But I'm also terrified as to how he will act if he actually turns out to be positive for it.

Is it possible his blood test may not detect it?

• Posted

I understand where you're coming from. He will just need to test and wait for the results. I hope you made it clear that you tested negative before you got together with him, so that he doesn't try to blame you before his results are in. If he has had this for a while, the IgG test should pick it up. Which herpes type do you have, by the way?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.