Just received my Hydromol ointment today, I LOVE IT!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Thank you so much to Caroline, Justine and everyone else that recommended it. It's the one!!!  it does have a Vaseline like feel to it which I love, it acts a barrier without feeling wet, haven't been this comfy for months 😊

My husband laughs and says not another cream, I have tried most now, but this is the best one ever, no need to look anymore.

Thank you girls I could hug you ??

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So glad it suits you. I know what it's like when you finally find something that helps xx

• Posted

Hi,

is is it the one in a tub for excema etc?  Do you put it in certain area that's red or something or all aboutrolleyes .

• Posted

It is an excema ointment. It's usually behind the counter in boots you have to ask for it or you can get it online. It's a barrier/moisturing ointment. I put it all over.

Also have a little tub that I fill up for after bathroom visits when I'm out.

• Posted

Hi Sue, it's the one in a tub (ointment) I put it everywhere...lol  

it acts as a barrier cream to stop the wee burning, it also stops your skin rubbing together so much and keeps the moisture in so stops you drying out. Most of them make me feel wet so I get sore from that, but not with this. I have the shower lotion (same make) and the cream which is great for my skin, but didn't realise it was different in the tub, this is great for down below. All my burning sensation and soreness has all gone quiet for now...bliss! Let's hope it says like that. 🤗

• Edited

Hi Heather...think I missed some discussions.  What is this new Hydromol?  Is it used together with the Clobetasol cream?  I see I can order the Hydromol on Amazon.  Thanks for help.
    • Posted

Hi Jeri,

its not new just new to me 😊 We are all different and are all looking for the right one, this is right for me. Yes you still use the Clobetasol, wait about 30 mins before you apply anything else. This is just a barrier/moisturiser ointment just make you abit more comfy down there until you can use the clobetasol again, I was wanting to use the Clob after every toilet visit, but this stops me wanting to do that.

Igot mine online but Justine said you can ask at boots and they have it behind the counter, `I didn't know that. 😏

• Posted

Thanks for info Heather.  I will order some.  So glad we have each other on this forum.
    • Posted

Hi.

thank you I will look next time at the bigger Boots nearby.  We learn more on here as I reckon this wouldn't be even suggested by my gp.  We all just need something that helps and our skin doesn't react to then slowly get more optimistic about it all confused  I wouldn't of learnt much had I not come on here. Plus it's nice to be able to discuss this without feeling so isolated.

• Edited

Oh yes, if it wasn't for here I don't what I would do. Where else can you talk about your lady bits in great detail...and not feel a freak ...lol

• Posted

I totally agree on all counts. I have a yearly appointment with my gynae and whilst he is pleasant I have not meant one thing from him. Everything I have learnt had been from this forum. When I told him I had lost my labia minora and that my clitoris was now fusing he said matter of factly "it's not fusing, it's shrinking" THAT WAS IT ! He may as well have just shouted NEXT ! No clue as to how devastating this disease is. Here, as you say, we all know what its like and how we feel. It's a Godsend . Thanks ladies xx

• Posted

Hi,

i agree Caroline and smiled about the next please thing.  I asked about yearly follow up and he said we tend not to do that now, so I said that I know you are supposed to but he just stared at me.  I agree that they don't realise the psychological effects of LS.  I read an interesting report from China about the psychological effects of L S and the need for support and that investigations should be with the utmost sensitivity. 

• Edited

Sensitivity ???? oh how we laughed ...... A yearly appointment is the very least you should have. They should be checking for changes in the area that could be pre cancerous . It's rare but nevertheless MUST be checked. Does he examine you on your visits. Honestly some are *&£#@!?! CLUELESS ! Makes me so angry.

• Posted

I've only been diagnosed since End November Caroline but have no follow up through since biopsy nine weeks ago.  I complained to PALS about it and strangely the consultant rang me up and read the biopsy over the phone but I've never been sent another appointment or read the report in his office.  I explained over the month since biopsy I have blistering and we have to report any changes he got snotty.  So I am going to have to go back to gp next week and explain yearly check up and what do I do with ointment as I have had no information on follow up other than here.  I have done the regime of every day, then every other day then once a week so I figured it would be maintenance but I did put some on two days ago.  The last consultant I saw pulled far too much and it was so sore so like you say morons.

• Posted

Stroll on, honestly, you couldn't make it up ! So it was "off you go with your tube of cream and never darken my door again?"!!! Bet if it was a problem with a blokes testicles he'd have printed off all sorts of helpful info and had encouraging words for him and would be told to come back. I there were more female gynaes ........ Oh, I see, you've done the full course of application then hon.

Good for you for complaining. It comes to something when WE have to tell them the right procedure but this is all too common with LS I'm afraid.

I was never told how you split the cream either. I learnt on here and also not to worry about thinning skin which all gps are obsessed with - doesn't apply to LS. Do you know know how to apply Sue ? Also do you have Dermovate cream or ointment ? If you have cream have it changed to ointment, it spreads easier and absorbs better x

• Posted

APPLY the cream I meant not split. Wish we could edit the text on here
    • Posted

Hi

you are a mind or information and very articulatecheesygrin I'm not creeping just the truth.  You've put it right done my job 'bye now'.  Plus you're right about men.  I just don't see how a male can judge what it must feel like for us they don't have the same anatomy.  I asked for ointment Caroline after reading on here a day after getting it I requested prescription for ointment at drs surgery as he gave me cream and no way could I spread it on sore skin.  I belief he only rang because PALS got involved, it was too coincidental.  Its like he thought I was odd the way he spoke to me on the phone that I wanted information.  I aren't sure totally where to put it if I'm honest just to clarify is it all over fourchette, below where you wee and minora?  The lesions have gone god they were sore before ointment.    When should I do it again if I did it Tuesday evening?  I need all these questions answering really by them but if heard nothing not even from gp.   Yeah I wish we could edit it self corrects stupidly sometimes xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.