Just received my Hydromol ointment today, I LOVE IT!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Thank you so much to Caroline, Justine and everyone else that recommended it. It's the one!!!  it does have a Vaseline like feel to it which I love, it acts a barrier without feeling wet, haven't been this comfy for months 😊

My husband laughs and says not another cream, I have tried most now, but this is the best one ever, no need to look anymore.

Thank you girls I could hug you ??

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

WOO HOO ! THAT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR. In UK you can get it prescribed by your doctor. I get a kilo tub prescribed and them decant into smaller tubs.

Hey, I didn't know Hydromol did shower gel. Does it lather at all ? If so I'm going to get some asap. Onwards and upwards Heather 😉 x

• Posted

Ah no sadly doesn't lather, it's a bit like showering  in oil...lol but hey my skin is nice and soft.

Im in the UK too, but my doctor gives me Dermol, I use it to remove my makeup so that shows that it's not very moisturising...lol I wonder if he would change it for Hydromol next time. 😳

• Posted

I use AVEENO body wash at the moment and get on fine with that. I just never feel clean with the oils/ emollient for washing.

I'm sure your Dr will, just say you don't get on with the Dermol, have tried the Hydromol and would like to change. Good luck hon xx

• Posted

Hi Heather

Glad to hear you've had good results using the Hydromol.  Ive just ordered some from Amazon as a result of a recommendation on this great forum.  Can't wait for it to arrive and start using it and hopefully get some relief from this pesky irritating condition. 

• Posted

I was so interested to read your post.  

Since I was diagnosed with LS I have always used E45 emollient body wash and I always feel sore after using it.  I see that the product you use is called Hydromol, but is it the bath & shower emollient or the tub of ointment?

Many thanks.  

• Posted

I use the ointment tub which does liquidise with water x
    • Posted

As Justine says, you can use the tub of ointment for all the tasks, there is a good youtube video of a doctor using it.

However I have all 3 types of Hydromol, bath and shower Emollient, which is like an oil. I have the Hydromol cream for my body to tackle my dry skin.which I've been using for months. 

I only received the ointment tub today, I didn't realise it was so different to the cream, that I use for down below, it's a lot thicker than the other ones I've used and stays in place a lot longer giving you more relief. I might try it for showering now so I don't have so many different products. X

• Posted

Thank you, I think I will order the bath and shower emollient to give it a try.  

Do you use the ointment instead of steroid cream or as well as?

• Posted

Definitely as well as, at the moment my doctor has me using the steroid cream once a day, but soon I have to move to twice a week.
    • Posted

Usually e are told to go from every day to every OTHER day and then twice a week Heather. That is what is usually recommended. Thought id mention it Heather
  • Posted

Have decided to order a tub of the ointment and give it a try for washing down there - certainly can't be as bad as the E45 emollient wash I have been using for years.

Must say that the ingredients of Hydromol sound a little offputting, but from the reviews on here it seems to work.

I decided to try the ointment instead of the bath & shower emollient as it seems to be suitable for both "wet and dry" use if you see what I mean, which is more practical.

Was going to order it from Amazon, but there seem to be cheaper sellers on Ebay.

• Posted

That's brilliant news Heather, absolutely delighted I could help. I'll take that virtual hug and he's one right back ! 😉 Happy Hydromolling 😃 xx

• Posted

Hi, I was just wondering if you could provide a link or picture of the exact hydromol you’re using. Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.