Kidney pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else get kidney pain. It switches sides. Seems like it wouldn't be related, but I figured anything goes with this stuff. And it did start around the same time

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes, at first I thought it was back pain or muscle spasms but then when it moved from one side to the other I finally (duh) worked out it was my kidneys. Read somewhere the kidneys have estrogen receptors so it makes sense we might feel symptoms of fluctuations of hormones there. Also our adrenal glands sit on top of our kidneys and they are under a lot of strain during Peri/memo so that could also be why we feel pain or ache in that area. For me it comes and goes, and I've found drinking as much water as possible helps although that can mean a few more trips to the ladies lol. If you're worried about it, or the pain becomes acute and you feel sick with it, you should think about seeing your gp. Hope you find relief soon - take care!

• Edited

2chr2015 I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping someone sees this. I've been getting what I thought was lower rib pain, mostly front, but sometimes back. It seems to be about a week before my cycle, I'm wondering, after seeing this, whether it could be my kidney. Can you describe the pain?

• Edited

it was achy. it eventually went away. maybe its your gallbladder? hope you feel better

• Posted

thank you for getting back to me. Was it confirmed that it was your kidney?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.