Ladies, if you have a phobia, has it MAGNIFIED during menopause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Ladies...

I read an article a couple of years ago, regarding being in menopause and the magnification of phobias; which I can attest to! I am sooooo.. scared of rodents, I can't stand the site of them. That being said, my rodent-phobia has magnified during menopause. This is yet another hell on earth, I have to deal with! What are your thoughts on this anomaly?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hello Vivian,

I honestly think menopause magnifies EVERYTHING!!!! It's so crazy and unpredictable, I hate everything about it. I am still so amazed how very little is known about this phase in a woman's life and how very little help there is out there.

• Edited

I have no idea why this happens, but yeah, it's a thing for me too. it's awful 😖

• Edited

Hey Claire...

You're soooo... right! Somedays, I wish I could just magically turn my intrusive, ruminating thoughts off and DELETE ALL the negative, horrific images that have consumed my mind. Be well my menopausal sistah and remember to STAY hydrated, no matter how you are feeling, pump that H20.

• Posted

Thank you 💚. yeah trying to keep hydrated, I take a pinch of celtic salt with each drink xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.