leg pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi. i was diagnosed with type 2 about a month ago. for several days i have had pain in my right thigh and foot. can this be to do with the diabetes?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would contact the diabetes association or go to diabetes org (I think thats the site) as both are very useful and helpful.
  • Posted

Hi Jenny, everything I've heard is the diabetes related nerve pain starts in the extremities. Since your pain is in the thigh and foot areas, and you didn't mention toes, it's more likely you have sore muscles or need a chiropractic adjustment. 

Try ray some light stretching. If that doesn't work, try a therapeutic massage or chiropractor. Try the simple things before doing expensive tests, is all.

• Posted

hi. i have noticed that my right foot especially around my big toe is feeling sort of stiff or numb
    • Posted

and there are stapping pains in my right thigh
    • Posted

That seems more like a pinched spinal nerve.

its my understanding that with diabetes related stuff, it's more nerve pain and stinging, as opposed to numbness.

• Posted

I would get this checked out as it could be related, or a different problem. I get problems down my right side due to an old injury that is aggravated by fibroids, but before I was diagnosed diabetic I had severe circulation problems that have disappeared since bein on the right medication - it took 18 months for my treatment to be finalised.Just remember that even though you are diabetic it does not mean all your aches and pains are related, so be sure to get advice, especially as you have only been diagnosed a few months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.