Legs Feel Detached From Body

Posted , 5 users are following.

Recently I have been getting a sensation like my legs are detached from my body...lol. Sounds weird I know but I will be sitting or standing and suddenly my legs feel heavy and I fear that I may fall.  I don't know if this has anything to do with my low iron? I just started taking some iron supplements. I hate these weird feelings. Never sure whether or not to worry sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Nancy, I just posted about my legs too, I got very weird feelings, I dont know about you, but I have varicose veins and I notice it badly when I walk a lot which is good for you, but also, if I am doing a lot of standing, I teach so I stand a lot, and I am overweight, but I know other people who are not overweight and have it too, I will be honest, I dont know if menopause aggravates it or not, I am sure other ladies will have good advice and suggestions about what they think.
  • Posted

Hi Nancy,

I have felt the same thing. All of a sudden the legs feel heavy and sometimes wobbly. I have low iron as well and take supplements. I'm not sure of it has anything to do with the low iron or meno. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions. But wanted you to know that you are not the only one who has had that feeling. I'm so over all these weird sensations.

• Posted

I'm telling you it's something everytime I turn around. It's too much. I come here and ask because the sensations are so weird that describing them to anyone else sounds like I'm saying something that doesn't make sense. Just recently, while lying down I would feel waves of temperature flucuations like I'm going to get hot then it passes over. You name it, I've felt it. Just soooooo over it.
    • Posted

It is something, its extremely frustrating and I used to wonder why so many women drank in their 50s when I was younger and now I see why, I am not advocating alcholism or heavy drinking, but I certainly understand why people feel the need to resort to substance abuse after all of this, I feel so desperate sometimes too. 
    • Posted

Believe me I know what you mean. I have chronic fatigue due to the epstein barr virus and it doesnt take much to throw me off kilter. So hormonal changes wreak havoc!
    • Posted

I think about all the women who sit in emergency rooms and doctor offices and endured test atter test because of the multiple and relentless symptoms experience. Its hard to cope with it daily, I dont want to go on anxiety meds, but I am beginining to think I have to do something.
    • Posted

Lol I certainly don't want to become an alcoholic but I know what you mean. Seems easy to numbs ourselves then try to deal every day. It's so inconsistent! Maybe we should all live in Colorado lol we can smoke or symptoms away!
    • Posted

Sounds good, maybe if I were high all the time this would not bother me so much!  Agreed about the alcohol, it causes a lot of damage in large amounts especially for women.  I would like to start exploring how women have dealth with this successfully, I think we all know what the symptoms are prety well, the key question is how do you cope? Also, we have to be honest enough to admit all the homeopathic stuff in the world does not take all of this away either. 
  • Posted

i felt my legs were acting really funny for a long time...then while reading on the net read a term - jelly legs as meno symptom and thats exactly how mine felt !
  • Posted

Hi nancy

Dont know if you have explained that sensation right, do you mean, your legs feel like lead and are heavy to lift, if thats the case, when your stood with this feeling, or, you get up from being seated suddenly, you will go light headed and faint and hot,  its due to low blood volume, and low blood pressure, so the  blood pools in your legs, this starves the brain so you go to pass out etc, which can happen during menopause, several factors do it,  weeing more, and dehydrating from excess weeing plus nights sweats and hot flushes, or, just temp going high during meno flare, if that is what you mean, if you feel it whilst lying, its the same thing, but because your not stood, you get different symptoms, like leg cramps and muscle aches, try bending your foot at the ankle several times, until it either feels weak, or heavy, see if it cramps, if it does this you  shouldnt have to do it for long you will feel the heaviness fairly quickly, if it does, then thats what it is,  you need to either, drink more water, without over doing it,   or, if your weeing a lot, try adding a little salt to your food, but really you should only take in extra salt, on its own, on  drs advice, but think it would be safe to just try a handfull of salted nuts, see if it helps................could that be what you mean??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.