Lions mane help to wean off Mirtazepine?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been on mirt for 8 years at 45mg . have tried a couple of times to come off it and it wasn't pretty. I am now starting to reduce with doctors help 45mg one day 30mg the next for a couple of months and it seems to be okay. The next reduction is down to 30mg full time and i am a bit scared and I want to supplement with Lions mane. Will talk to the doctor but wondered if anyone else had tried this and what your experience was please? I can't see any info about using it with mirt and what any probs might be. thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

UPDATE spoken to GP who has at least heard of lions mane (its a mushroom), can't see any problem with interaction with mirt, obviously clinical trials need to be done with it. reduced down to 30mg 3 days in a row for a few weeks and then 45mg and GP says I can do 30mg now and I will be fine. stay at that until spring due to SAD and then carry on the reduction next year. I do feel tired but apart from that okay really. going to get some lions mane too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.