Living with internal bleeding hemorrhoids.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 63 and have been dealing with the bleeding. I had what the doctor tried to do with banding but didn't work. Thought I had a fissure. Just had a colonoscopy and was told no fissure but several small internal hemorrhoids. I have no pain except for severe low back pain before a bleeding episode. Usually once every 3 months. About a tablespoon so of blood lasting a few hours. I constantly wear pantyliners because of my fear of bleeding unexpectedly. My question is...has anyone else decided to "live with it?" I don't mind the liners but we go on a lot of beach vacations and my problem is swimming. I've thought about wearing period swimwear and would like any feedback on if they are reliable.

Thanks guys.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

interesting to hear how much blood you have. when you are wiping does it seem like a lot more?

I believe I have internal ones that have recently started to bleed a lot. it's a lot more than a couple drops. it's always active red bleeding and it isn't mixed in with stool. it either starts when I'm about done with going, or if I try to very carefully push to dab the area. it's like I break a water balloon. but not that much blood. but significant blood.

I'll stand up and try to pinch the anus off so it stops. it takes awhile to stop. also they stick out, so I have to try to get them to go inside. when they go inside it stops. but sometimes takes awhile to relax enough to go in. I haven't seen many people discuss severe bleeding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.