Loose soft fluffy stools everyday

Posted , 91 users are following.

I've had stool like this everyday for months now and blood tests are normal. Doctors are incompetent. Please help sad 

1 like, 150 replies

150 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Looks like chronic diarrhea to me, what is your daily diet? Do you have any other symptoms? How frequent are your bowel movements? 

Have you tried increasing your fiber to at least 25-35 grams per day?

• Posted

I consume a small avocado, blueberries, blackberries, tomatoes, cucumber, eggs in morning, some sort of chicken and potato/rice for dinner and for lunch. Not really any other symptoms other than muscle tenseness in my back, but that's probably unrelated, though I am 27 so anything could be related. My stool is only rarely hard. Often times, the first half of my stool is darker and harder, and then the other half is completely loose.

• Posted

hello, did you ever get to the bottom of this?! been having this for months and sooooo many test but nothing 😫

your reply is greatly appreciated!

• Posted

I'm adding on to this...at the beginning of getting tests for symptoms exactly like you described.

• Posted

Try eating at least two bananas per day, as it has a natural probiotic which will help with the digestion of foods, and consume more insoluble fiber such as beans. 

As long as you're not experiencing rectal bleeding, intense mucus in the stool or chronic tiredness you should be fine. This seems to be caused by direct more than anything else. 

• Posted

Any updates on this? ive got the exact same thing going on. Been happening for over a month now . my doctor said my symptoms arnt concerning . he gave me acid reducers but they dont seem to be doing anything . im also 27 and seems to have started out of the blue.

• Edited

I've had similar issues for quite a while, along with motility issues and a weak sphincter (Hemorrhoids). It's a really s****y situation. I've lived on Imodium for a long time, although lately they have not been effective. So I have to restrict what I eat, plan my activities around my ass and know where the nearest washroom is located.

My only diagnosed issue is severe Diverticulosis, although it has bothered me to eat for the past three years. My stomach feels like it's full of glass, my abdomen is distended (I think it's Aliens) and it even bothers my breathing. I've seen somewhere around 18 doctors over the past three years and yes they are quite useless. I've had two endoscopes, a colonoscopy and an abdominal MRI that even my doctor admitted was worthless. I recently traveled abroad to get my own MRI done, as my doctor would not order another one. Results are pending.

My doctor recently put me on a strong course of antibiotics in the event that my my Diverticiulosis was causing my issues. I think this may have helped my stools, but not my distention issues, although it's a little hard to tell, since the antibiotics gave me raging diarrhea. I also started taking Probiotics after the antibiotics, so I think they may be having an impact. I still can't form a solid stool, but they are better and my motility seams less urgent.

Oddly enough, when I traveled abroad for my MRI, I chose a vacation spot, so I could kill two birds with one stone. After a day or so, I had the first solid stools that I've had in a very long time. As far as I can tell, it was the Beer that gave me the solid stools, that and the lack of other liquids, like caffeinated beverages. I think the alcohol dried me out and allowed me to form solid stools. I have Kidney issues, so I think this is leaving too much water in my gut.

I'm going to see if my doctor will write me a script for Beer! It will be worth it, just to see the look on her face.

• Posted

It sounds to me like you could possibly have Celiac Disease. I would suggest removing all gluten from your diet and see if that helps. Gluten is more than just wheat it is malt, barley, rye, wheat etc. Perhaps you could research this and speak with your doc about it. Good Luck!

• Edited

how's your destention issues now? i have the same problem for months

• Posted

same is happning with me bro please help reply as soon as you see

• Posted

same is happning with me bro please help reply as soon as you see

• Edited

I've had the same thing on and off for months now. Also am 27. Went to the doctors everytime it started happening. Blood and stool tests are fine. They prescribed antibiotics, which I think is when it first started happening. Do you find you have a lot of gas in your stomach sometimes?

• Edited

(I hope you're doing better by now, but just in case you or someone else might still be searching for possible answers, I figured I would reply with my own experience with these things.)

Antibiotics can cause a bacterial imbalance in the gut which can lead to all sorts of poor digestion from too much of one thing or not enough of something else. I know people recommend probiotics for every digestive thing, but if symptoms started after taking antibiotics then this should've been your doctors first response! You can also try eating more foods with probiotics (the good bacteria like in yogurt) and prebiotics (food that helps feed and balance your gut bacteria like bananas) along with or before shelling out for actual probiotic products.

It's also possible you had a sensitivity/allergy/adverse reaction to something in the antibiotics. I know that I'm mildly allergic to sodium laurel sulfate (yes, the stuff in shampoo and toothpaste) and I found out last year that it's actually an ingredient added to some prescription meds! Which explained why my digestion was awful when trying a new medication.

I actually have a few food allergy/intolerances that I didn't figure out until my late teens and it took multiple years of avoiding them completely for my gut to heal and finally work a little more regularly, so keep in mind that food allergy damage can take time to heal.

• Posted

bother 1 month before i had sinus problem i went to doctor they gave me antibiotics 10 days course...

is it my stool is now mild looss if there is any chance becoz antibiotics its happen its stoped 1 month before

feb 11 i started the course feb 20 i finished and alright from sinus..

my dout is how much time take to back a balanced gut

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.