Loose soft fluffy stools everyday

Posted , 91 users are following.

I've had stool like this everyday for months now and blood tests are normal. Doctors are incompetent. Please help sad 

1 like, 150 replies

150 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I wonder if someone has an explanation for this problem??? I have a very similar issue at the age of 20. I have one bowel movement a day pretty soon after I wake up, and pretty much every single time except for very rare occasions, it is always loose. When there is a hard piece in there, it is usually as OP described: One end is hard and a bit darker and the rest is mushy. I don't have any issues with blood in the stool or black stool or anything concerning like that. Color is always normal, but consistency is always loose. On any given day, I also experience bouts of gas and rumbling and churning in my lower abdomen. There is no significant pain or discomfort that accompanies these symptoms. My diet could be better, for sure; less processed foods and more fruits and vegetables. I also don't eat very much at all in any given day, and my meal timing can be sporadic (anywhere from 2-4 meals a day, usually closer to 2 and usually about 500-700 calories each meal, scattered throughout the day.) Does this sound like IBS or some other chronic condition?

• Posted

Any update on this??? Ever since I turned twenty over a month ago, i've been having stools the way you've described for over a month now.

• Posted

I'm 19 and have been having gut issues like this since I was 13 😦 I'm turning 20 next week but it's seems to have gotten worse (my stools have been softer and needing to go more often) 😦 I hope you find an answer for your situation! I'm yet to find an answer for mine - I've had a stool test which came back all normal, yet to have another one as well as a blood test! I'm tired all the time and just feel generally unwell every day! 😦

• Edited

Did you ever go to the doctors and get results back? Do you have any updates? You're the first person who seems to match my symptoms perfectly: lots of gas, churning, loose bowel movement every morning, normal colour, etc.. I had these issues for months last summer and it, gradually, went away. The issue seems to be coming back now. So if you have any information at all, please message me back; perhaps I may provide some useful information as well.

• Edited

I hope you're better now. Any updates on this? I have very similar problems. I'm 21 years old and from Turkey. Just to give you more background: I had been having stomach problems(burning feeling in stomach) since my high school years and when I was 17-18 it was very bad because I took Flurbiprofen too often but then I got treatment with Lansoprazole and Gaviscon Double Action and by eating healthier and that problem was mostly gone(I still take Lansoprazole daily and Gaviscon when needed). But this problem, it all started on August, 2020. I was kind of depressed but did not think it was a big deal and something permanent. I did not have much appetite and my stomach was feeling weird, no pain, just weird. And it was churning. I was also very gassy and my fart smelt very bad. Also, my poop was mushy and loose(sometimes more fluid like diarrhea) and it too smelt very bad. My depression got worse, my physical health got worse too. I lost 10 kgs in 2 months unintentionally because I had no appetite and I'd barf even though I did not feel nauseous. Doctors did many tests, including blood tests, lactose intolerance test, MRIs...Everything came up fine, so they recommended I'd see a psychiatrist. At that point, I was horribly depressed, was having suicidal thoughts etc. The doctor prescribed me Effexor XR 37.5 mg and Mirtazapine 15mg, and Hyoscine butylbromide&Medazepam(a medicine called Trankobuscas) and she told me to take 2 Effexor XR after 10 days, so that's what I did. My appetite was back! and I was much better. I stopped taking Trankobuscas with my doctor's advice and I have been using Mirtazapine 15 mg and Effexor XR 70 mg since November, 2020. I had been okay until 23 February 2021. I started having the same problem in my digestive system, and sometimes feeling nauseous. My mood has gone down again too. I saw a doctor today and they will do a endoscopy on Thursday. It will be my first endoscopy, so I'm kinda nervous. Wish me luck and let me know if there is any updates on this.

• Edited

What issues did you have?

IBS? IBD (Chron's/UC)? Colon Cancer?

I feel gassy, bloated, abdominal pain after eating/drinking sometimes. Very Loose Stools been happening for a while now. Few times it was becoming more solid, then back to very loose again. It looks yellowish/brownish.

But last year there was alot less loose stool, last year it was more solid then loose. Which is strange what is causing it.

• Posted

Similar to you except with abdominal pains on left and right side. And less calories and drink 1200 ML close to that daily. Avocados/prunes/whole wheat and fiber taken daily - If I don't might cause constipation.

Also feel alot of rumbling and gassy feeling alot now. compared to months ago, alot more rumbling.

It's strange that many people experience the same thing in their 20s.

I guess we are all on the same boat for digestive problems waited to be solved.

I also have hiatal hernia after endoscopy. (Can cause alot of bupring, stomach discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness, pain, vommiting) ← I gotten these symptoms before and was prescribed pepcid and pantoprazole. I still have some of the symptoms its not as bad as before, but can't eat the acidic/fatty foods -> chocolate, alcohol, caffeine, fried foods, lemons, tomatos and etc...

• Posted

hey man, came across your description as im searching around. this sounds exactly like me....what did you end up doing? hope nothing serious? im 27.

• Posted

i am no doctor.

your symptoms doesn't fit into any serious condition.

so relax for now. but monitor your stools changes every day.

if in case you notice blood. consult a doc.

yes, it sounds like IBS but IBS is a generic term. if your symptoms doesn't fit into anything serious then they categorise you as IBS.

i am also experiencing same symptoms with mucus(brown/dark brown).

iam trying things but they are not working out.

try to avoid late night snacks.

try bananas.

• Posted

Dear,

How was your endoscopy and how is your health now.

• Posted

yellowish/pale stool can be from improperly digested fats due to not enough bile. maybe get your gallbladder checked out. I've had pale stool on and off for quite some time and my doctor ended up having me get an ultrasound which showed that I had a cyst in my gallbladder! It wasn't quite big enough to cause concern, though if it was a mm bigger it would've been, and the structure of it indicated it's just a common kind of cyst that happens in digestive organs without being dangerous. It must have been changing in size and occasionally blocking or inhibiting release of bile. We did an ultrasound two more times over the course of a year and it seemed to have shrunk on its own, though I bet the little bugger is still there occasionally deciding to cause problems. I just avoid too much fat/oil for a bit when I get gallbladder related symptoms for a few days and it tends to resolve itself. But get yours checked if you're still having pale stool sometimes, especially if there are signs of undigested fat (oily poops, poop that floats, etc).

• Posted

Have you done a food + stool tracking journal to see if there are any correlations? It would also be a very helpful thing for any doctor you go to see for it. Just a basic what/when + short description of anything that went in one end or came out the other.

This sounds like symptoms I was dealing with before realizing I have a few mild food allergies (alliums, cocoa, black pepper, some others.) It took a few years to heal after I cut them out of my diet, but they had been causing damage since childhood so there was a lot to heal. There are also intolerances like gluten and dairy, or fructose malabsorption where you can't have very much fructose before it starts giving you issues because you cant absorb it well and then you react to what's leftover and your body hits the "flush out of system" button.

It absolutely sucks, but if you're finding that your diet is indeed directly affecting your digestion but can't figure out a specific cause then the low FODMAP diet can be helpful in finding out which common problem ingredients you can or cant have and which you can have a small amount of. But the reason it sucks is that you have to eliminate a huge number of foods from your diet for a whole month because if one of them was a trigger it should make your digestion settle down and you can go into phase 2 of slowly reintroducing one thing per week to see if it's safe.

It was worth it for me, but you might want to explore other possible causes first. It's your body after all.

• Posted

lol whilst reading this i was like i cant remember posting in here before. Anyway, have the exact exact same issue, its been constantly on and off for a year now and the doctor cant find anything wrong , have been diagnosed with stress related IBS. I'm about to start consuming a tonne of yogurt daily starting today to see if that helps at all. I suspect that what started this was when i was on 4 long term courses of antibiotics back to back for years to treat acne before i was eventually prescribed isotretanoin. I have had lymecycline, minocycline, tetracycline and doxycycline. nothing except tetracycline really gave me side effects but tetracycline made me so ill that i only lasted 2 weeks on it as it got to the point where i couldn't get out of bed. My health has never been the same since, unsure if that id a coincidence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.