Skip to content
Ad

Bowel Disorders

Also known as Clostridium Difficile, Colitis - Pseudomembranous , Difficile, Faecal Incontinence, Hirschsprung's Disease, Intussusception , Malaena, Peutz–Jeghers syndrome, Polyps - Bowel, Rectal Bleeding

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• nay20794 nay20794

PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello everyone I'm 15 boy with no bad family history. For 3 weeks I've been getting mucus itching bits of blood on stool itching mainly at night. I have no blood now but I've had this white pus mucus it was pale white and that's it. And it scared me the stool was fine it was just one...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Please help! Going out of my mind what this could be...

I was having stomach pain about two weeks ago and got admitted to hospital because of it. They found no reason for the pain after an ultrasound and endoscopy of my stomach.  I also had dirrahea for a couple of days and then nothing for about 5 days (went to the bathroom and pooped fine) went another...

Last reply
  • Mucus and blood WITHOUT stool

Hey! So I am a 27 year old female and have been on the mission field for 9 months. Since month one I have been dealing with the same issues. Constipation. Blood instead of stool. Massive amounts of mucus. I have seen a doctor. One in India told me it wasnt hemorroids. The doctor in Africa 8 months later...

Last reply
  • Farting Blood Stained Mucus

Hi All Got quite an embarressing problem going on at the moment, and wondering if anyone can give me some advice, info or help about it. Today, I've been having long, non smelly farts, but when I do I have to wipe my bottom as I feel a discharge occur. When I wipe my anus there is clear mucus present...

Last reply
  • Rectal Prolapse recurring 3 times after prolapse surgeries

Hi, I've had troubles with a rectal prolapse for about 10 years which has recurred three times.  I am now 60 years old and worried that it will never be able to be repaired properly.  Also my surgeon is worried about me developing a problem with incontinence because of the prolapse (I already...

Last reply
  • Proctogram - awaiting results test done on 31 Aug 17

Hello went to Liverpool and had a proctogram done on the 31 Aug 17 and awaiting for the hospital where I live in the Isle of Man to contact me. But they have not done so yet and its now the 19 Sept. So I had to eat and drink normally they wanted to see how my bowel worked so think u call it "full...

Last reply
  • Colon Problems: Mucus, weird shapes, gass, floating

For about two and a half year now I have problems with my colon. It started with mucus with the stool along with weird shaped stool. I have visited the docter many times about this and also two times with a colon doc. They have made Xrays of my colon 1 year ago and about 1 month ago. The xray from a...

Last reply
  • Bleeding after bowel movement

Hi 6 weeks ago I noticed blood on toilet roll after wiping.so I checked my stool and was blood on there to.doctor said it's a small internal hemorrhoid.gave me Stool softener and supositories.bleeding stopped after 3 days then went away for 2 days.then started bleeding again.then next day it went...

Last reply
  • MRI results by post? Worried.

Hello I had an MRI of my small bowel about 2 months ago didn't hear anything no letters or calls so decided to ring them today and was told that the MRI department looked at the scan on August 16th so I spoke to my Doctors secretary who told me that the doctor had not seen it and she had no idea...

Last reply
  • Faecal Incontinence

I have had persistent diarrohea since having my gallbladder removed 20 years ago. Now i have developed a weak anal spincter for no known reason it seems and am now having acciendts which are utterly ruining my life and i had to give up a job i loved. Tried medication, diet, sacral nerve stimulator, spincter...

Last reply
  • Ongoing digestive issues after antibiotics

Hi there, I'm posting on behalf of my mum. This is her account so far: I had three courses of unavoidable antibiotics back in November 2016, and since then my digestive system has really been messed up. I've been having lots of yogurt and took acidophilus for a while but after five months I...

Last reply
  • Anyone else?

I have always suffered from stomach problems from what I remember.. stomach pains, gas and constipation but for the past year I been having mucus with and without stools.. There are daya where I go up to 3 times in the morning to the restroom. It starts with gas in the morning and sometimes pain in my...

Last reply
  • PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello everyone I'm 15 boy with no bad family history. For 3 weeks I've been getting mucus itching bits of blood on stool itching mainly at night. I have no blood now but I've had this white pus mucus it was pale white and that's it. And it scared me the stool was fine it was just one...

Posted
  • I'm Scared And I Need Help !!!

I'm 16 and I've been having some weird symptoms , it all started around last December where I went to the toilet and I noticed some streaks of blood on my stool , I was completely freaking out I told my close friend who was with me and she said it was probably related to being on my period. ...

Last reply
  • PLEASE I NEED SOME INFOMATION!

Right I'm 15 year old guy, and I'm really stressed right now due to the fact that I've been having blood and mucus for the last 2 weeks. I have had a blood test and it's come back normal and nothing needs to be done and that makes no sense to me because you can't just magically get...

Last reply
  • Stomach Cramps and Rectal Bleeding for over a year.. what next?

It all started a year ago when I ate. Whenever I ate or even put food to my mouth I had to rush to the toilet. I then started to have constant diarrhoea for a few months with awful stomach and head aches.  Then I started to notice blood and mucus in my stools which ranged from dark red to bright...

Last reply
  • I'M SCARED PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi I'm a 15 year old boy About a month or 2 ago I had mucus on the side of my stool for a couple of days and it went. Now for the last week I've had some blood and mucus in my stool there isn't a lot of blood but it's enough that I can see it. I've been to see a doctor and they...

Last reply
  • Proctogram examination in Liverpool just waiting for the results

Hello just had a Proctogram examination in Liverpool. There was no prep, so I had weetabix and drink for brek and then a cake before the exam. You had to drink some horrible white liquid when you got to the hospital and then wait your turn. The doctors and nurses were really nice. So they called it a...

Posted
  • Bowel movement pain months after c-section.

After I had my c-section having a bowel movement didn't really hurt. But since 2 months ago it hurts so so so bad that I'm scared to go to the restroom sometimes I just say no I can't do it today it just hurts too bad. Its been 4 months since I have birth. When I do have a bowel movement,...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems getting me down

Hi all I'm seriously fed up and want an end to my problem . I 'll explain my full story although I have posted in the past . I started with painless bright red rectal bleeding and squirts of liquid /mucus with gas last July and was diagnosed with piles after a visit to my gp . After trying...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems

I've been dealing with different problems in my bowels, my newest symptoms are: I'm okay for 1-2 weeks, having a bowel movement every morning with a mostly normal stool. After 1-2 weeks I'll start feeling a pain in my right lower abdomen and then I'll be nauseous, tired, will also have...

Posted
  • Bowel problems

Hi all I've had rectal bleeding and mucus on and off for just over a year . I've seen 4 Gp's who treated me for hemmies . Last october i saw a gastroenterologist who sent me for a sigmoidoscopy. During the procedure i was told i had a small amount of inflammation in the rectum and had 4...

Posted
  • Digestion/bowel concerns in 20 year old

I have a lot of issues so let me list from the beginning.  - extremely bloated. I'm really skinny but sometimes I'm so bloated I look 5 months pregnant.  - bowel movements are not frequent. maybe every 3 days. Usually I can hold it in if I need to wait a while to get to a bathroom....

Last reply
  • Blood in stools

I am noticing blood in my stools since a week. It is bright red confirming it is rectal bleeding. What can i do to heal it faster. It felt healed yesterday but noticed a lot of blood today which is weird. I suffered from it a year bcak but it went away quickly. Any suggestions or home remedies ?

Last reply
  • Passing lots of mucus

Going to try and be short.  I have read a lot and there are multiple options that this could be.  For the last two years I pass a lot of mucus. Some weeks are better than others but for the most part it stays steadily the same.  It gives me lots of gas and I have to...

Last reply
  • slow bowel transit

I suffer from this and I take the laxatives my consultant tells me to.. Movicol 3 times a day and Bisocodyl at night..yet I can still go 6 days without a movement and no matter what now it is always diarrohea and lots of gas. Fibre makes it worse but my consultant tells me nothing except it is the laxatives...

Posted
  • on the loo for 30 minutes

I've just been sat on the toilet for half an hour. It was my second time today, I normally go twice. It was a while before I started having a poo, though I had a bit of wind first. Once it started coming out it took ages, is this right?

Posted
  • Bowel Problems. Plus MRI Advice.

Hello im back been a while since i commented on the site and I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have had bowel problems for the last 5 or 6 years it started with Diorreah,Mucusy stools and bleeding. Left it for about 4 years until I had my son so decided 2 years ago to see the doctor I did stool...

Last reply
  • Men-Anal Fistula problem after Abscess

Hi Newbie here so sorry if a waffle on I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation? December 2013 i went to my doctor as i thought i had piles or something and was told to go straight to A & E. That night they booked me in for a operation to remove an abscess. After the...

Last reply
  • Blood in stools

Hi all, as the title says, I have bright red coating of blood on my stools, also just before I pass a stool I get stabbing sharp pains in my abdomen.  I am going to the doctors tomorrow but I am worried that it might be bowel cancer.  Have anyone here had the same symptoms?  Thank you.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.