Skip to content
Ad

Bowel Disorders

Also known as Clostridium Difficile, Colitis - Pseudomembranous , Difficile, Faecal Incontinence, Hirschsprung's Disease, Intussusception , Malaena, Peutz–Jeghers syndrome, Polyps - Bowel, Rectal Bleeding

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• lisag62 lisag62

Tired of this

Hello all, just wanted to post my story in hopes that someone has some idea of my diagnosis. I have suffered with internal hemorrhoids for many yrs but this past yr they have gotten so much worse and are now external too and huge. I have put off going to see a surgeon but now am ready. Only way I can...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tired of this

Hello all, just wanted to post my story in hopes that someone has some idea of my diagnosis. I have suffered with internal hemorrhoids for many yrs but this past yr they have gotten so much worse and are now external too and huge. I have put off going to see a surgeon but now am ready. Only way I can...

Posted
  • Anal bleeding/ Haemorrhoids?

I had severe constipation last week after straining for ever and passing stools the toilet was bright red with lots of blood - since then every time I strain theres bright red blood - sometimes if i dont strain and stool is soft theres no blood but  just now i strained no stool but water was red...

Last reply
  • Extreme Bowel issues IBS?

I really find this very embarrassing but i just need to find someone who knows what im going through maybe? I have been suffering for a very long time with my bowels doc says ibs and i have all the symptoms but i dont think thats all it is.. For the past 2-3 years i have to help myself pass stools. I...

Last reply
  • Overwhelmed worried Mum

My daughter (17) is newly diagnosed with Chron’s, after so long watching my vibrant girl suffer, finally a calprotectin result showed 1296 reading and she was admitted by ambulance to hospital. Where she spent a week, got the most needed colonoscopy and was treated acutely. Since October she has only...

Last reply
  • Blood in stool

I am 71 and for the last couple of weeks have not had normal stools. They are sometimes soft and small and a feeling in my bottom to go to loo most of the time. I have a pain not constant but if you press it hurts on my right side upper. Up until now had no blood in poo. Needed to go to loo and there...

Last reply
  • Rectal Pain :(

So embarrassed. So bear with me.  For a few months, I've suffered rectal pain. It's quite an intense ache that I get after I go to the loo. Perhaps a spasm? I don't know. I haven't thought much of it until the last three weeks when I've had more symptoms: rectal pain (more of...

Last reply
  • Haemorroids????

Right on the 9th dec 2017. I had been constipated due to lots of codeine. I finally went and I had lots of red blood on tissue and lots of red blood in the water of toilet. I have seen 2 x gp who says it's hemoroids. Has anyone else experienced this as I'm still getting streaks of blood on my...

Last reply
  • Farting Blood Stained Mucus

Hi All Got quite an embarressing problem going on at the moment, and wondering if anyone can give me some advice, info or help about it. Today, I've been having long, non smelly farts, but when I do I have to wipe my bottom as I feel a discharge occur. When I wipe my anus there is clear mucus present...

Last reply
  • Ongoing bowel problems ! Due 2nd colonoscopy next week.

Hi I've been having bowel problems for about 3 years now. The first 2 years consisted mainly of diarrhoea as my main symptom up to three motions a day. This year I have mucus, and also extreme pain in abdomen when breathing in in the morning. This pain is relieved after getting up and using the toilet....

Posted
  • Right side abdominal pain

I’ve had off and on pain on my right side for a few months. It progressed to more pain than usual and I went to urgent care. All blood tests are normal, urine sample was ok, X-ray didn’t show anything. Had a CT of chest and upper abdomen, nothing.  Urgent care prescribed Bentyl 20 mg every...

Posted
  • Is this haemorrhoids or something else?

Hi all, I have been diagnosed with haemorrhoids early this year. Lately it has gotten slightly worse with more frequencies of blood in stool. Please advise if these spots around my anus is part of it. https://imgur.com/a/R2YTE

Posted
  • Proctogram - awaiting results test done on 31 Aug 17

Hello went to Liverpool and had a proctogram done on the 31 Aug 17 and awaiting for the hospital where I live in the Isle of Man to contact me. But they have not done so yet and its now the 19 Sept. So I had to eat and drink normally they wanted to see how my bowel worked so think u call it "full...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes

Please I want to ask with lymph biopsy on the neck, can the doctor find out what I said going on from head to other body? 

Last reply
  • Constipation after colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on November 7. Nothing was noted in the findings and ever sense I have been constipated. I had a small bowel movement the day after and a medium bow movement about four days after. Since then, nothing! I don't feel bloated or have the urge to go. Is this normal? Should I be concerned...

Last reply
  • Does anyone else feel like they hit a wall when they wipe?

I'm uncomfortable. Feel pressure in the bowel. Bowel feels stiff. Sorry if this makes no sense to anyone. I'm not great with words. I have a rectocele and been told a muscle in my bowel lost support. Its got worse overtime and also I been told they is no surgery available for the muscle in...

Last reply
  • Mystery bowel problems/bowel cancer fears

Hi. Bear with me here as this is a long story! I’m a 31 year old male who has been going through hell for the past four months or so. At the end of August I woke up one day with a horrible upset stomach; at first I didn’t think much of it but it continued, and then I was getting other symptoms like constant...

Last reply
  • Pink smelly discharge

I get hemorrhoids periodically. With this last bout took a laxative to prevent staining.  Hemorrhoids have cleared, but now am constipated with have pinkish smelling discharge.  Had rectal exam found no mass, impaction. Not concerned with minimal blood. Did not recommend immediate colonostomy....

Posted
  • Anal fissure surgery

I have been suffering from an anal fissure for about 12 weeks, and it seems to be starting to feel a little better.  I still have a consult for surgery.  Do the surgeons still do the sphincterotomy surgery if the anal fissure is healed?  Thank you. 

Last reply
  • Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Condition

You should never be ashamed of having a bowel condition. I have had many "mishaps" and I am not ashamed of any of them. In fact, I usually make it a funny story at times when in conversation with others. Read my article about some of my mishaps that I posted for the world to see. https://dalegopinions.com/2017/12/09/colon-condition-one-also/

Last reply
  • Rectal Prolapse recurring 3 times after prolapse surgeries

Hi, I've had troubles with a rectal prolapse for about 10 years which has recurred three times.  I am now 60 years old and worried that it will never be able to be repaired properly.  Also my surgeon is worried about me developing a problem with incontinence because of the prolapse (I already...

Last reply
  • bleeding from rectum

hi there my name is michael and i am 26 years of ageh.. this is very embarrassing for me but thought id give it a shot,i have been having some problems for the past 4-6 month when passing stools, i have been bleeding from the rectum and there is a slight sharp pain and also there is small drips of blood...

Last reply
  • Please help! Going out of my mind what this could be...

I was having stomach pain about two weeks ago and got admitted to hospital because of it. They found no reason for the pain after an ultrasound and endoscopy of my stomach.  I also had dirrahea for a couple of days and then nothing for about 5 days (went to the bathroom and pooped fine) went another...

Last reply
  • Obstructive defecaction. Really struggling with life.

Hi everyone I really hope to hear from some people. As I am currently wishing to end my life. I have two children very young and also only 26 myself. I really struggle to go to the toilet and can be sat for hours. The stool is there it just gets stuck, even when stool is loose I had to strain. I find...

Last reply
  • Anyone else?

I have always suffered from stomach problems from what I remember.. stomach pains, gas and constipation but for the past year I been having mucus with and without stools.. There are daya where I go up to 3 times in the morning to the restroom. It starts with gas in the morning and sometimes pain in my...

Last reply
  • Is this IBS?

Several years ago i had what dr described as IBS and was given colofac.  I have had a couple of times had to use it for a short while then it settles. i am now in my sixties and have been having similar problems during a bout of anxiety and depression.  I dont know if its the meds causing...

Posted
  • Pencil thin stool and straining to go

I have been struggling to go all day. Almost like when your constapated but my stool is soft and comes out very thin and after almost 30 mins of straining it’s only a little.  I have gone about 5 times today like that and my stomach is hurting all down low.  I also feel like I still have to...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems lately?

(Note: Some parts are a bit TMI aboot stool, but please bear with me since it's a health concern) Hi, so for the past two weeks I've been having bowel issues. The first week of November, I had constant diarrhea due to eating bad food. The diarrhea ended the first week and I was back to normal....

Last reply
  • bile acid bowel problems after gall bladder removal

Gall bladder removed just under 2 years ago and have had constant upset stomach everyday since. All ways feel unwell nauseous pains in stomach and have lost 5 stone in weight and tired all the time. Have been tested for chrons and u c and some other things but Dr's still not yet diagnosed. Just...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy and constiparion

I have had IBS with dhiarrah my whole life. I recently (3 weeks ago) had my first colonoscopy and ever since I have had constipation issues. This is very difficult for me I even took Miralax and nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.