Skip to content
Ad

Bowel Disorders

Also known as Clostridium Difficile, Colitis - Pseudomembranous , Difficile, Faecal Incontinence, Hirschsprung's Disease, Intussusception , Malaena, Peutz–Jeghers syndrome, Polyps - Bowel, Rectal Bleeding

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Obstructive defecaction. Really struggling with life.

Hi everyone I really hope to hear from some people. As I am currently wishing to end my life. I have two children very young and also only 26 myself. I really struggle to go to the toilet and can be sat for hours. The stool is there it just gets stuck, even when stool is loose I had to strain. I find...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems lately?

(Note: Some parts are a bit TMI aboot stool, but please bear with me since it's a health concern) Hi, so for the past two weeks I've been having bowel issues. The first week of November, I had constant diarrhea due to eating bad food. The diarrhea ended the first week and I was back to normal....

Last reply
  • Farting Blood Stained Mucus

Hi All Got quite an embarressing problem going on at the moment, and wondering if anyone can give me some advice, info or help about it. Today, I've been having long, non smelly farts, but when I do I have to wipe my bottom as I feel a discharge occur. When I wipe my anus there is clear mucus present...

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy and constiparion

I have had IBS with dhiarrah my whole life. I recently (3 weeks ago) had my first colonoscopy and ever since I have had constipation issues. This is very difficult for me I even took Miralax and nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Please please please help me!

Hi everyone I’m quite young I’m 15 and I have been having bowel problems for about 7-8 months and it’s really worrying. Basically I keep getting clear stringy mucus around my stools. And sometimes I’ve had the tiny bit of blood on my stool but that hasn’t happened for about 3 months. And when it did...

Last reply
  • Constipation after colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on November 7. Nothing was noted in the findings and ever sense I have been constipated. I had a small bowel movement the day after and a medium bow movement about four days after. Since then, nothing! I don't feel bloated or have the urge to go. Is this normal? Should I be concerned...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems please help

HI there! So over the past six or seven years I've been having issues with my bowels. The last few years they have started to worsen a lot more... I don't really no where to start... I'll start with my symtpoms then I'll explain what's been happening when it comes to me seeing medical...

Last reply
  • Please help! Going out of my mind what this could be...

I was having stomach pain about two weeks ago and got admitted to hospital because of it. They found no reason for the pain after an ultrasound and endoscopy of my stomach.  I also had dirrahea for a couple of days and then nothing for about 5 days (went to the bathroom and pooped fine) went another...

Last reply
  • Negative colonoscopy, but diarrhea with bloody mucus?

Gross. I know. I was told decades ago by my gastroenterologist that I had IBS. This was after weeks of diarrhea with blood tinged mucus and finally a colonoscopy, which was clean. Fast forward about 29 years, colonoscopy at 50 with removal of 2 flat villous adenomas--not precancerous yet, thank God,...

Last reply
  • Recurring bloody stool, no pain for about 14 years now

i am 40 years. i have been having recurring episodes of bloody stool for about 14 years now.  each episode lasts for about 3 days and re occurs after every 3 months or so. lately it has been occurring more frequently and the bleeding has been heavier with clots. i do not feel any pain during these...

Posted
  • Stomach cramps proctitis or something else

Hi all I was diagnosed with proctitis around a month ago and I've been on pentasa enemas ever sincecwhich stopped my only symptoms of blood and mucus . For the past 3 days I've had cramps right at the bottom of my stomach in the middle that come and go in waves throughout the day but no other...

Posted
  • Flexible sigmoiscopy

Hi all.New to this group.I'm 28 year old male.ive been having rectal bleeding for the last 11 weeks so yesterday I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy.plan was to be sedated.but the nurse before hand said sedation wont knock me out and will be fully aware I what's happening and still feel everything.so...

Last reply
  • Anal pain .... No Dr can. See what's causing it

Hi I'm a 28 feamle and for past month I've been have anal pain. I've had 4+ surgeries on my anus due to fissures and deep tears. I go to the ER mupile times and ech time they give me pain meds thro iv. Exam me and say they don't see or feel anything g. I'm not crazy throw there's...

Last reply
  • Anyone else?

I have always suffered from stomach problems from what I remember.. stomach pains, gas and constipation but for the past year I been having mucus with and without stools.. There are daya where I go up to 3 times in the morning to the restroom. It starts with gas in the morning and sometimes pain in my...

Last reply
  • Chronic constipation/ bowel surgery?

Ive been having bowel obstructions since i was very young and I will be 18 this month. It is very embarrassing and unhealthy. The doctors continue to put me on miralax and other stool softeners. They say in about 12 years my bowel will go back to normal size. I do not want to continue having this problem...

Posted
  • I don't have diarrhea at all, can I still have IBS?

Title says it all. People already know me from this group and know how I'm suffering. Symptoms I have are, excessive bowel gases, constipation but the stool is soft and small flat in size,heat burn and frequent throat clearing until my bowel movements come out. My doctor recommended me Endoscopy...

Posted
  • TMI Sorry

So I have terrible health anxiety. Since my Grammy passed in July it has been extremely heightened. I have never had an issue with my BM colors, they’ve always been dark brown. But lately they’ve been lighter. Yesterday I went to the bathroom and my BM looked yellow and it was floating. This morning...

Posted
  • Please help!

Hi I’ve been having problems for about 4 months with mucus and some blood at times in my stools. Anyways today had been horrible I had some paracetamol liquid form the night before and had no bowel movements until the following morning and my stool was half dark and the other side a brown colour and...

Last reply
  • White stringy like discharge in stools

l have in the last couple of months been experiencing a stringy like discharge when passing my stools and l am getting concerned on what it could be as it has never been prevalent in my stools before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last reply
  • Defication Disorder

I have trouble everyday eliminating all my Fecies. I feel like there's more to go and can't get it all out. Anyone have advice on this subject? I eat high fiber diet, take fiber pills and stool softners. I had hemmoroids removed 4 months ago hoping that was my problem. It seems worse now. There...

Posted
  • Needing to go!

Hi I’ve been having problems for about 4 months with mucus and some blood at times in my stools. Anyways today had been horrible I had some paracetamol liquid form the night before and had no bowel movements until the following morning and my stool was half dark and the other side a brown colour...

Posted
  • What's wrong with my Anus

I've been feeling discomfort on left side of anus and left internal side of butt cheek.. There was some bleeding a couple times. A feeling of "stretching a scab" when passing bowels and now it gets itchy especially after bowel movement.? Even after showering i still feels discomfort. Sometimes...

Posted
  • Really confused!! Please help me.

Hello everyone ! Recently I have been facing Lot of problem. From last few months I am facing an irritation after my bowel movement in the anul region.It feels like a burning sensation with itching and I also feel a discomfort in sitting after the bowel movement.I also feel a pressure in the anus for...

Last reply
  • Constipation even after cleansed colon

Hello guys, I hope whoever is doing this group already knows that I have had posted on this forum before about my gastric issues of heartburn and chronic constipation and urge of having stool through which I can't sleep and even if I do, I just wake up after 4 hours max. I wouldn't make this...

Last reply
  • Worriedb

So for a year I been having problems while going to the restroom.I have mucus around my stools most of the time.. Maybe 1 day or 2 out of a week I have a regular bowel movement..I was pregnant and my GI didn't do much about it he said it was just constipation.. I would go constantly to the restroom...

Last reply
  • I’m going crazy!!!

Hi all, I’ve had this problem for some time now to be honest and it’s really worrying at times, I’m only 15, a boy so you could imagine. Anyways as it started a few months ago at least 3-4 months ago it looked like Threadworms but then I quickly realised from recent symptoms it wasn’t threadworms in...

Last reply
  • PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello everyone I'm 15 boy with no bad family history. For 3 weeks I've been getting mucus itching bits of blood on stool itching mainly at night. I have no blood now but I've had this white pus mucus it was pale white and that's it. And it scared me the stool was fine it was just one...

Last reply
  • Rectal Bleeding and Severe Aneamia

Hi. Please excuse the graphic detail in advance.. I've been suffering with extreme rectal bleeding for many months now ... (I have 1 or 2 days a week when I don't bleed)  but most days its Bad!! my bowel habits have changed from once in a morning , but now I can go between 6 and 15 times...

Posted
  • Looking for a bit of hope.

Hi, this is my 1st post here & as my title states I am looking for some hope of not having to have an illiostomy. I aoologise in advance but this is a long boring post as I feel I need put people in the picture to understand & hopefully advise on my problem. I have an auto-immune disorder called...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.