Skip to content

Bowel Disorders

Also known as Clostridium Difficile, Colitis - Pseudomembranous , Difficile, Faecal Incontinence, Hirschsprung's Disease, Intussusception , Malaena, Peutz–Jeghers syndrome, Polyps - Bowel, Rectal Bleeding

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Intussusseption...need advice!!

Hi all I feel pretty lost at the moment. I've veen struggling with a rectocele and Intussusseption for the past couple of years and been past back and forth for test after test with this dangling carrot of surgery in the distance that I don't think will ever come. I have recently had …

Last reply
  • Rectal Prolapse recurring 3 times after prolapse surgeries

Hi, I've had troubles with a rectal prolapse for about 10 years which has recurred three times.  I am now 60 years old and worried that it will never be able to be repaired properly.  Also my surgeon is worried about me developing a problem with incontinence because of the prolapse (I …

Last reply
  • What can a sigmoidoscopy biopsy detect?

Had a sigmoidoscopy with biopsy taken last week, still waiting on test results but im really hoping i'll be able to be diagnosed from this. The doctor said after the sigmoidoscopy that it looks like mild/moderate colitis - will the biopsy results be able to tell them what type of colitis this …

Posted
  • Colonoscopy aborted

I’ve had loose bowels and back pain for around 12 weeks now.  I was referred to have a colonoscopy last fri. It was the most painful experience of my life ( I’ve had 4 children easier).  It was so painful that it had to be stopped. 😡 so frustrating as I’m desperate to find out …

Posted
  • Change in bowel habits..

Hi, I've had an ongoing issue for 3 years.  End of January 2015 - diagnosed with a really bad sinus infection resulting in antibiotics. From thereafter I have suffered from loose stools and nausea.  Nausea going from severe to mild.  When severe, I have loose stools up to 4/5 …

Last reply
  • Constipation after colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on November 7. Nothing was noted in the findings and ever sense I have been constipated. I had a small bowel movement the day after and a medium bow movement about four days after. Since then, nothing! I don't feel bloated or have the urge to go. Is this normal? Should I be …

Last reply
  • Infectious colitis or uc please help.

For 1.5 month I have been suffering with lower abdominal BURN that comes and goes, rectal burn that comes and goes, abdominal sounds from intestines, I do not have diarrhea, I dont have blood, I dont have urgency, I have very mild constipation thats negligible, I had a colonscopy that showed …

Posted
  • Any ideas about stomach issues? 15yrs old

Night before symptoms: period started so took nurofen (ibuprofen) to help with pain and i take this regularly So a few weeks ago, i suddenly got a chest pain and stomach pain which physically made me have to sit down as it was so bad. It gradually eased off but later that night i threw up 3 times …

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy and haemorrhoids

hi I have problems with constipation have been taking Laxido for many years and trying to eat plenty of fruit.  Lately I have been taking two Laxido daily as one did not do the trick and now I am having diarrhoea.  No weight loss or blood but would like to know if there are any cancer …

Last reply
  • IBD uncertainty

Hi, I recently went in for a sigmoidoscopy to check out some bowel problems I was having (infrequent bleeding episodes, trapped gas, diarrhea, etc) and it was discovered that I had a few ulcers in the colon that were listed on the sheet as 'consistent with Crohn's colitis'. They took …

Last reply
  • Abnormal stool

I have been having bouts of diarrhea and soft stool that is like a black almost dark green mucus. It doesn't have the tar like consistency.

Posted
  • Having strange bowel movements

Hello everyone, I’m 23- about to turn 24 year old female.  On July 16, I went to an ENT for swollen tonsils. I was prescribed augmentin for 10 days for this and was on my way. I finished my treatment yesterday but have noticed weird things happening when I have a bowel movement. My stools …

Last reply
  • Scared stiff.

Hi, I suppose I shouldn’t really be scared, as cancer would be a worse outcome. I’ve been seeing my doctor for a while and more recently a GI for my symptoms including diarrhoea, bleeding, excess gas and discomfort. I gave a blood test recently, and I heard my GI mention something about signs of …

Posted
  • External hemorrhoid or something else?

So I figured I may have an external hemorrhoid today as I felt a slight discomfort around my anus today and discovered a bump upon cleaning up the area. After shinning some light on it and twisting I saw a bump (about pea sized) just away from my anus (does not bleed during bowel movements) that …

Last reply
  • Really hard stoll

Sorry for this but I had a really hard stool and now my back end is sore like ave just passed a house. Anyone got advice for/how it's so hard. Sorry for this in advance.

Posted
  • Positive fecal occult tests...

I'm really hoping someone can advise or help me. I suffer with terrible health anxiety anyway generally to do with cancer. I had a blocked bowel 6 years ago and was diagnosed with diverticulitis and inflamed bowel. I don't not produce what I would call regular sized stools. They are always …

Last reply
  • Heavy/Chronic Bleeding After (BM)

I have been experiencing heavy bleeding after a (BM) on and of for the last maybe 3/4 years, I have been examined and also had a colonoscopy which was all clear, I was diagnosed with a anal fissure, I have tried orange fibre drinks and a better diet, I am still suffering, I can go a few weeks with …

Last reply
  • A few bowel worries.

I always worry, even when I shouldn't. I've been to my GP a good few times and he's had a poke around in my back passage and we've talked about my symptoms, along with the occasional blood test, and he tells me time and time again that the infrequent bleeding and discomfort is down …

Last reply
  • At my wits end 😩

Hi everyone. September last year, extreme stomach pains, stomach bloating, can not finish a toilet, can’t remember the last time I did, I’m going 3/4 times a day but can’t complete a movement even though my stools are NORMAL ... I just can’t get my head around this, I’ve had a MRI on small bowels …

Last reply
  • Strange discharge from anus

Hi wondered if anyone can help, I’ve been having problems with my bowel movements and bleeding the last few months, I’ll have a bowel movement then wipe, however after wiping there’s seems to be a kind of brown discharge for a few hours, kind of like I’ve not quite wiped clean, sometimes this is …

Last reply
  • Rectal Bleeding and Severe Aneamia

Hi. Please excuse the graphic detail in advance.. I've been suffering with extreme rectal bleeding for many months now ... (I have 1 or 2 days a week when I don't bleed)  but most days its Bad!! my bowel habits have changed from once in a morning , but now I can go between 6 and 15 …

Last reply
  • Question about blood in stool.

So for about a week now I've been seeing a few red pieces (not streaks or dots) in my stool that somewhat resembles blood or partly oxidized blood. Without extra light they are practically not noticeable and I didn't notice the first time until I was in a very well lit bathroom. It hasn' …

Posted
  • Calprotectin markers came back at 161, what does this mean?

Hello I have been having bowel problems for years. I have been to the Drs and I sent off 2 stool samples 2 weeks apart. The first result for calprotectin was 114 the second was 161. What should I expect to happen next? What tests will be done? Is the score very high? Thank you

Last reply
  • Perforated bowel rectom symptoms

Hello iv had a really bad stomach for the last ten days, I have a stomach ache and it feels bruised to touch I feel sick on and off and generally not feeling well I'm really worried I might have perforated bowel or rectom due to a enema, the doctor has given me meds for ibs but I still don' …

Last reply
  • AT MY WITS END. Worried about colon cancer.

I’ve had blood in the toilet on and off for almost 2 years now. Immediately after it happened I went to the doctor. Ct scans, blood work, colonoscopy with biopsies, endoscopy with biopsies, x-rays, a FOT, and ultrasounds. Nothing. No answers. Labs have been slightly off (Neutrophils slightly …

Last reply
  • use of Domperidone after stoma surgery?

hi all ive had part of my terminal ilium and the first part of my large bowel removed so now am sporting a stoma. Surgery went well, I spent 9 days in hospital and I’m generally ok except for 2 things - mind numbing fatigue which I hope is just part of the healing process but the other - NAUSEA, …

Posted
  • Unsure if large dark flakes are blood in stool

I've suffered from frequent blood in stool. I have seen my GP several times about this, and they believe it to be an anal fissure. I've had this flare up a few times within the last few months. Today, I passed quite a lot of stool, and noticed some large, solid dark flakes in my stool, and …

Last reply
  • Do I have Bowel Cancer?

I have been having on and off bleeding in the stool for 4-6 years, Where there was pain releasing stool.  I recently had an anal examination and a fecal test, it came back positive.  I've had two cbc blood tests, it came back normal. Had several blood tests and it all came …

Last reply
  • I think I have bowel cancer.

I'm 19 years old (turning 20 in August), and I've been having a wide range of symptoms in the past 2 years some of them comes and goes, it all started with diarrhea which was present for almost 3 weeks, nothing really helped with it, it just stopped. After that I've had a quiet few …

Last reply
  • Upcoming sigmoidoscopy finding?

Hi guys I’m having a sigmoidoscopy Friday due to bleeding, constantly bloated, weight loss, abdominal pain. What’s the different between sigmoidoscopy and a colonoscopy? And has any had one that has had any findings ?  Thanks

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.