Skip to content

Bowel Disorders

Also known as Clostridium Difficile, Colitis - Pseudomembranous , Difficile, Faecal Incontinence, Hirschsprung's Disease, Intussusception , Malaena, Peutz–Jeghers syndrome, Polyps - Bowel, Rectal Bleeding

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • MRI lumber spine

At the l5 s1 level there is quite marked intervertebral disc space narrowing. There is a large left paracentral and central disc bulge. This measures 8mm anteroposterior. This is contacting and displacing the traversing left s1 nerve root And is contributing to moderate to severe left-sided exit foraminal...

Last reply
  • MRI results by post? Worried.

Hello I had an MRI of my small bowel about 2 months ago didn't hear anything no letters or calls so decided to ring them today and was told that the MRI department looked at the scan on August 16th so I spoke to my Doctors secretary who told me that the doctor had not seen it and she had no idea...

Last reply
  • Newbie :) MRI tommorow ...

Hi everyone. I’m new in this forum, I have a MRI on my small bowels tommorow. Anybody know how long will take for results?. Also, I got referred for this due to having a faecal-calprotectin test. Gp suggested level should be under 50 and mine was 117, I believe that is still low when I have seen people...

Last reply
  • Odd contents in bowel movement

I had this issue last year and it’s back again. It’s a bit gross but I like to check in the toilet to check movements look okay and healthy. Recently they’ve been quit hard, I’ve been really needing to go but nothing has been happening but sometimes it’s very soft. The issue is I’ve notice a paper/film...

Last reply
  • Trust my diagnosis of IBS or could I have Crohn's Disease

Hi All I've not been right for three years now and my doctor has diagnosed me with IBS, along with Fibromyalgia and CFS, however I'm having a really hard time convincing myself otherwise. The reason I suspect Crohn's Disease was during a routine stool test for blood, which was also tested...

Last reply
  • Strange discharge from anus

Hi wondered if anyone can help, I’ve been having problems with my bowel movements and bleeding the last few months, I’ll have a bowel movement then wipe, however after wiping there’s seems to be a kind of brown discharge for a few hours, kind of like I’ve not quite wiped clean, sometimes this is mixed...

Last reply
  • Strings(?) in bowel

I’ve seen what looks like yarn in my bowels before. They’re brown in color, not white, so I don’t think it’s worms, although I could be wrong. Today I saw more than usual though so know I’m a bit concerned. Has anyone else has this problem that may know what they are and if they’re something to worry...

Posted
  • Can anybody give me advice please.

I've got a feeling of my bowel being pinched on the lower left hand side This has been going on for years & causing me significant distress, i have had all tests, but i believe I've got maybe adhesions in my bowel, yet I've had a colonoscopy, i have a bowel dysfunction we're i have...

Last reply
  • Passing blood and scared senseless.

Hello, Sorry for the topic but really need some advice as I don't know what to do. For the past 3-4 months I have been passing blood in my stool. It started as just little streaks and quickly progressed to drops. I thought nothing of it and stupidly left it hoping it would stop. Now it's...

Last reply
  • Mild abnormality on ct scan

Hello i have been having chronic severe abdominal pain and back pain that has caused bloating nausea loose mucusy and bloody stools also have been feeling so tired all my tests came back normal apart from a ct that said my abdomen and bowel was ok but they found a mild abnormality and i have got to have...

Last reply
  • Irregular bowels for past few weeks

Several weeks ago started having hard stools with white specs in them . If I had looser stools, no white specs . I had one night of cramping and ten diarrhea . Went away but seemed to get backed up again. So Sunday evening decided to take Dulcolax to help move things . Had the worst pain ever that night...

Posted
  • Can anyone help?

I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and it is ruining my life. I feel like my whole life revolves around my next bowel movement. I’m constantly afraid of the bulge I will feel if I need to push even the slightest bit. Sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and a bit painful. I am terrified to try...

Last reply
  • Anal discomfort

This started October 2017. I was a college student with stress and I was drinking of coffee plus monster drinks with very little food in my stomach. Now I deal with excessive gas, bloating, and incomplete bm. Whenever I use the restroom I have pellet like or small pieces instead of one lump. I have to...

Last reply
  • Partial bowel blockage, stimulant laxatives safe?

For about 2 weeks now I have been dealing with what seems to be hard stool that will get close to the end, not able to push it out or reach it with a finger, then will recede back in higher up. Have had many liquid movements and occasionally small amounts of very soft movements so I'm not completely...

Last reply
  • Colon infection

Anyone know the symptoms of colon infection? I'm more concerned with the fact I spent an hour on the toilet waiting for movement, would this be lazy bowel of colon infection?

Last reply
  • Cecal Volvulus large intestine Emergency Surgery.

I had emergency surgery due to a bowel obstruction, the entire surgical staff was called into the ER at 3am in May, I believe i had 2' of bowel removed. I've been miserable since.  Can anyone relate to this before i explain more?  This surgery has changed my life at 45.  There...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems but normal virtual colonoscopy

Hello everyone.  I have been struggling with chronic constipation, weight loss, abdominal pain, exhaustion and rectal bleeding.  I underwent a virtual colonoscopy which has just been confirmed as normal by the consultant's secretary (waiting to receive letter).  My questions is does...

Last reply
  • Starr Procedure

Has anyone had the above procedure for obstructed defecation syndrome ?  Any info would be much appreciated as about to have this operation and not sure if I want to go through with it. 

Last reply
  • Rectocele repair via star

Has anybody had a rectocele repair via star procedure ( through the rectum) its left me with urgency causing incontinence also over sensitive pain in the rectum area.

Posted
  • My 5yr old daughter fructose malabsorbtion and megacolon

My daughter has recently been diagnosed with megacolon and has a fructose malabsorbtion. When we had The hydrogen breath test she struggled to drink the solution and a nurse put some orange cordial in it. Would this of affected her results? Her starting result was 4 and the highest was 76 and her last...

Posted
  • Small Bowel Obstruction

I went to ER and was admitted from extreme abdominal pain. Turns out I had a small bowel obstruction. They gave me an NG tube (no fun at all). You have to be awake for this as they push a tube through the nose into the small intestine. This stays in place for 3-4 days as the sludge from your intestine...

Posted
  • Poo changed color

5 weeks ago my poo went from normal to a pale yellowish clay color that lasted about 10 days. Things got back to normal then, but now it's back to being a pale yellow clay color again. No new meds or supplements. No new diet. Should I be worried?

Last reply
  • Severe bloating daily for 15 years

It started all of a sudden when I was 16. My tummy would get bloated, I needed to release gas soon after without much delay, or cramps and lots of sounds would be the result. It's been 15 years now and I still have not found a solution to this. It has a severe impact on my private life. I mean who...

Last reply
  • Consistent abdominal discomfort

Hello everyone, I’ve been dealing with a condition that has had me concerned and would just like some feedback. Right at 3 weeks ago everything was just fine and I hit up a drive thru late at night and within 30 minutes I had to get to a toilet fast! Now that isn’t really uncommon for me because some...

Posted
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease Monitoring Query

Hi All Just after some information regarding IBD monitoring tests for people suffering with Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease, hoping some of you might be able to help. I'm currently under investigation for Crohn's Disease, I've had Ulcerative Colitis ruled out following a colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • Any ideas?

Hi  I’m a 24yr old female, recently lost just under 3stone (I’m now just under 9st) (in about 6 months). My bowel movement reduced significantly in this time, i imagine due to eating less and eating better. However... in the past couple of months, we’re talking daily, I feel the need to pass gas,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.