Skip to content

Bowel Disorders

Also known as Clostridium Difficile, Colitis - Pseudomembranous , Difficile, Faecal Incontinence, Hirschsprung's Disease, Intussusception , Malaena, Peutz–Jeghers syndrome, Polyps - Bowel, Rectal Bleeding

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• rom95312 rom95312

Some bowel issues I’m having

Hi everyone. To start I’m 19 years old. I’ve been having weird I would say pains in my butt. Near the anas. It’ always in different places near my in my butt. They are no severe at all. Doesn’t last all day but rather at random times. Also my abdomin makes pretty loud gurgling noises especially at night....

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Diverticular problems

I have had nausea and anxiety for some time and gallbladder out. but now have pain in left colon area which dr sent me to a and e with. They will do,tests but i am freaking out.  How does diverticular disease start and is it related to the nausea, or something different. I cant eat mornings but...

Last reply
  • Blood after wiping?

I wiped today after a bowel movement and there was bright red blood on the tissue. I wiped again and it seemed to only the first time I wiped. I examined my bowel movement and didn't see any blood. Yesterday when I wiped it seemed like light brown blood but it could have been just watery bowel movements?...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure

So after 3 years I find myself back to square one! Been off work since end Feb, in chronic pain with large amounts of blood when I have a bm, had a colonoscopy as gp was concerned about the ‘C’ word, but that was clear, however it appears I have internal and external haemorrhoids as well as the fissure....

Last reply
  • Some bowel issues I’m having

Hi everyone. To start I’m 19 years old. I’ve been having weird I would say pains in my butt. Near the anas. It’ always in different places near my in my butt. They are no severe at all. Doesn’t last all day but rather at random times. Also my abdomin makes pretty loud gurgling noises especially at night....

Posted
  • Mentally Constipated?

Hi, So around 5 years ago my bowel/digestive system switched from efficient to lazy and constipated in a very short space of time, since then i still cannot get to the bottom of the cause, however for the past 2 years I have spent away from England on a working holiday; and my bowel habits improved....

Last reply
  • Constipation after colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on November 7. Nothing was noted in the findings and ever sense I have been constipated. I had a small bowel movement the day after and a medium bow movement about four days after. Since then, nothing! I don't feel bloated or have the urge to go. Is this normal? Should I be concerned...

Last reply
  • Gut pain and discomfort

After l eat certain foods l get terrible gut discomfort which includes pain , constipation , a fever sometimes and nausea which makes things very uncomfortable sitting down as l also get this abdomen pressure which makes things even more uncomfortable when sitting down especially. Any advice would be...

Last reply
  • Bleeding and pain

Hi, I’m a 24 y/o female. I started to notice blood just over two years ago. When I mentioned this to my GP back then she did a rectal exam and said she couldn’t feel any piles, but that it’s likely caused by internal piles or a fissure. I was happy enough that this was the case. Over the following couple...

Last reply
  • Farting Blood Stained Mucus

Hi All Got quite an embarressing problem going on at the moment, and wondering if anyone can give me some advice, info or help about it. Today, I've been having long, non smelly farts, but when I do I have to wipe my bottom as I feel a discharge occur. When I wipe my anus there is clear mucus present...

Last reply
  • Can anyone help?

I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and it is ruining my life. I feel like my whole life revolves around my next bowel movement. I’m constantly afraid of the bulge I will feel if I need to push even the slightest bit. Sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and a bit painful. I am terrified to try...

Last reply
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease Monitoring Query

Hi All Just after some information regarding IBD monitoring tests for people suffering with Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease, hoping some of you might be able to help. I'm currently under investigation for Crohn's Disease, I've had Ulcerative Colitis ruled out following a colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • Rectocele horror

I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and it is ruining my life. I feel like my whole life revolves around my next bowel movement. I’m constantly afraid of the bulge I will feel if I need to push even the slightest bit. Sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and a bit painful. I am terrified to try...

Last reply
  • Stool gets stuck in lower part of bowel

I got this really embrassing problem, but my stool gets stuck in lower part of colon. Comes out then gets stuck in lower part of bowel and some times I went to wipe and it kind of encourages it to move. Some times I am just wiping stool away. This is really embrassing because I got to go places knowing...

Last reply
  • Bleeding bright red blood when wiping for two week

I’ve been bleeding out my rectum (bright red blood on toilet paper) for the last two weeks now. Went to the doctor a week ago and she said that it’s hemorrhoids without actually checking. Bowel movements have been normal, no abnormal color or shape. I get a really bad itching sensations around or in...

Last reply
  • Fecal Immunochemical Testing with bleeding in mouth?

Fecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT) is said to "only detect blood from the lower intestines". Can it affect the test results if I have some bleeding in my mouth, some of which is swallowed? If not - how does it do the trick of distinguishing between different bloods? 

Posted
  • Thought I had to fart..bloody mucus came out instead.

I've been more active than usual today, did some heavy lifting/pushing(moving a refrigerator, a couple of tables, an older fairly heavy microwave), didn't think I was straining myself all that much. Not sure if I have a hemorrhoid or what. It didn't hurt when it came out, I honestly just...

Last reply
  • Blood in stool

I am 71 and for the last couple of weeks have not had normal stools. They are sometimes soft and small and a feeling in my bottom to go to loo most of the time. I have a pain not constant but if you press it hurts on my right side upper. Up until now had no blood in poo. Needed to go to loo and there...

Last reply
  • orange grease with bowel movement

I have been diagnosed with proctitis and came out of a flare in November last year . I'm currently on salofalk granules and suppositories for maintainence . I'm having normal stools with no other symptoms but occasionally when having a bowel movement I get what looks like orange grease floating...

Posted
  • rectopexy failed

Hi, Can anybody tell me if a rectopexy can be performed twice as in 2014 i had the surgery and think that the bowel prolapse has returned.

Last reply
  • Starr Procedure

Has anyone had the above procedure for obstructed defecation syndrome ?  Any info would be much appreciated as about to have this operation and not sure if I want to go through with it. 

Last reply
  • Has anyone had any experiences with bowel resection surgery?

I feel a little uncomfortable talking about poop, but you have been warned! I am hoping to get some insight from others who may have had similar experiences/issues. I am a 32 year old woman. Around 10 years ago I was having some issues and my family practice doc referred me to a colon and rectal surgeon,...

Last reply
  • Blood and bloody tissue

It started about one month ago and lasted for about 13 days . Every day when  I went to the toilet excessive amount of blood came out, it painted the toilet water but also the whole toilet paper. It was coming with and without stool . But there was a lot of bloody tissue(?) too. I don’t know how...

Posted
  • Long-time diarrhea

Lifetime constipated - sudden onset of diarrhea in Oct and has continued since. GP and GI no help. Colonoscopy normal. Took opioid for back pain - back to constipation. Stopped pain pills and going slowly back to loose. Several mishaps - messy cleanup and ruined clothes. Is there any risk or known reason...

Last reply
  • Bile acid malabsorption yellow stool

So I think I have bile acid malabsorption. Suddenly, about a year ago, I developed chronic diarrhea 100% of the time, and it is always yellow. I convinced my doctor to write me some colestipol and it works wonders, diarrhea gone, but still always yellow. Will I just poop yellow forever? Is something...

Last reply
  • Diarrhoea for a year

Hi,  My husband is 34 and has diarrhoea about 6 times a day, and has done for over a year. He eats well and exercises and has no other symptoms. He refuses to go to the dr as says he feels very well. But this is not normal surely? He used to go twice a day all his life, then suddenly he went to...

Last reply
  • Cecal Volvulus large intestine Emergency Surgery.

I had emergency surgery due to a bowel obstruction, the entire surgical staff was called into the ER at 3am in May, I believe i had 2' of bowel removed. I've been miserable since.  Can anyone relate to this before i explain more?  This surgery has changed my life at 45.  There...

Last reply
  • Referred for CT Colonography - experiences?

After years of undiagnosed right sided abdominal pain Uve been referred for Colonoscooy.. I’m really anxious about the procedure so they ve agreed to do this instead... still really anxious about the procedure... but feel I need to try to find a cause for this pain...

Posted
  • Please help...worrying myself sick

Hi Everyone, not even sure I am in the correct forum but I am worrying myself sick here. I'll try and explain as best I can. Just over 3 weeks ago I had a very bad bout of flu, because of this I didn't eat much, took loads of night nurse (constipation side effect?) and stopped smoking for a while...

Posted
  • Anxiety and obsession

For the past 6 weeks I have been suffering with anxiety which has affected my bowel movements. I don’t seem to have a normal solid bowel movement it is usually smaller softer pieces. I also lost my ex boyfriend to suicide in February which hasn’t helped my anxiety. Anyway I have became obsessed with...

Last reply
  • Hemmroids and constipation natural treatment

Baking soda works on hemmroids! I have had terrible hemmroids and when I took a teaspoon of baking soda every morning they never came back and if they did they went away quickly or were very small, I’d increase a little the amount of baking soda which helps a lot. When I stopped using baking soda for...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.