Diarrhea/ loose stool for a month

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have had loose stools every morning and sometimes twice or three times a day for the last month. I have a regular diet and no previous allergies to anything. It started out of the blue, with no obvious reasons. It gets worse when I drink alcohol or eat spicy or rich foods which I am now avoiding. I have tried the BRAT diet and it has made no difference to the stool. I have no cramps, nor fatigue or pain or any other symptoms associated with IBS, crohns, celiac or lactose intolerance. I have the urgency to go first thing in the morning and sometimes can feel and hear my stomach rumbling and bubbling loudly. I have been passing a lot of gas and it is quite unpleasant. But again there are no other recognisable symptoms. I have booked a doctors appointment but still have a week to wait before this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.