Embarrassed about my Butt being checked

Posted , 2 users are following.

so first off sorry if this isn't the right section but this seems like the right place.

I'm a guy 28 years old, and I've been having a lot of trouble with my bowels over the past few weeks. First it was constipation then I noticed burning/stinging sensation around my butt, with blood on the toilet paper. GP did a stool test and it came back clear of cancer and blood, but they wanted to examine my butt. I said I felt uncomfortable with it and he (GP) left it at that. Only I don't feel any better I'm going to the toilet more with more diarrhoea stool and the stinging and burning sensation is worse, with occasional blood on toilet paper. Plus I'm getting the sudden urge to goI know the only way of getting to the bottom of this is to let my butt be checked.

Has anyone got any tips or advice about how to get over the embarrassment? I know doctors have "seen it all before"

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have several problems in that area and I don't mind the exam if it is a Gastroenterologist doing it. Just like I will only be examined for a "female problem" by Gynecologist. So maybe seeing a GI doc will be easier for you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.