Extreme stomach/stool issues

Posted , 1 user is following.

So for over a year now I've had problems with my stools. They are very loose, a mixture of constipation and diarrohea. I have very bad and frequent flactuence, sometimes in succession of each other; I have cramps and aches, my stools are runny and smell very bad. I'm at my wits end, my frequent urge to go to the toilet and spending forever in there because of how long it takes me to actually poop and clean everything up (its explosive), was a contributing factor in me being dismissed from work. I've been to the doctors and they've just said its IBS. They've done blood tests for coeliac etc and its been ruled out. However this can't just be IBS. I'm 19 it started like a year ago and there was nothing to trigger it. My diet is healthy I exercise a lot. Initally I thought it might be due to the SSRIs I was on but I changed them and the issues still persist. A year on, my stomach and bowels are the worst they've ever been. There is a history of bowel disease in the family; on my mum's side, my grandad died of bowel cancer and my mum was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in her early to mid 20s.

I feel I definitely need a gastrocophy or colonoscopy as this isn't normal and IBS seems too generic a diagnosis, and the doctors have not offered any support with this other than looking at "dietary changes" despite my diet being absolutely fine.

Please, I'm at my wits end here.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.