Alarming amount of blood after diarrhoea. Incorrect exam

Posted , 1 user is following.

called 111 and was told to go to urgent care after seeing an alarming amount of blood in the toilet after diarrhoea. I waited for five hours and finally a doctor told me he was going to carry out a rectal exam. I’ve never had one before so I wasn’t sure what to expect. He examined my vagina not my anus. I froze and was confused so didn’t say anything at the time stupidly. I told myself there had to be a reason he was in the vagina. I think it was an honest mistake on his part however my issue is he has put on my notes that the rectal exam was fine and there’s nothing wrong with my anus. Once I was home I checked and there was definitely no lube around my anus. My main concern is that my medical notes now say that my PR examination is fine. I need to follow this up with the GP to have a proper examination carried out and I’m worried they won’t take my word for it.

i havent been able to poo since the blood and have had abdominal pain after eating as well as loss of appetite. i'm just wondering if its best to just leave it for now. The UTC did take my bloods and they came back fine

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.