Diarrhoea - very worried, please help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi I am very worried. About a month ago now I changed my antidepressants from Prozac to Sertraline as they were no longer working for me. I was OK for a while and then had the dosage upped and I had severe diarrhoea for three weeks. The doctor then put me onto the lower dose of Citrolapram. My bowels went back to normal. I had a poo test done which showed the results were slightly above average but my doctor wasn't concerned about that all and said it was still within the normal range. I had lost five pounds in weight before which concerrned her but when she weighed me when I saw her two weeks ago she said I hadn't lost any more. She did say that if the diarrhoea had continued and I had lost more weight she would have sent me more tests. I was just relieved things were OK and have been since.

Until this morning. I suddenly had an urge to go to the toilet at work. It wasn't diarrhoea at all but my stools were just a bit softer than normal. I went about three more times, each time it wasn't diarrhoea but I am still worried. I don't normally go more than once a day and not even that sometimes.

Should I be contacting my doctor again? I am terrified that I have something sinister.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.