Mebeverine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been given theses by my GP  anyone else on them and are they any good ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm on them at the min, started them Thursday, iv noticed a small difference and noticed that it made my bowels slightly looser,

Tablets affect people in different ways, they worked very well for my mom.

Give them ago,

All the best

• Posted

Mebeverine gave me severe indigestion and made my constipation a lot worse.  I stopped them and tried Buscopan which is milder, less allergenic and reduces my pain if I have a flare up.
  • Posted

Think it depends on your symptoms.  What are they 

Do you have the slow release version.  when I first got them I thought it was to help woth dirreah but its not for that I found out more to do with spasms.  Buscopan is better for pain but taking that can lead easily to constipation which should not be the case with meberverine

So even with meberverine I get loads of  symptoms es[ecially pain

A lot of people swear by peppermint oil but is just gave me diareha ( sorry can't spell )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.