Migraine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

Ok so i have done what the doctor suggested and come completly off mirt (was on roughly 8mg give or take)

I needed this out of my system completly as the side effects were debilitating to the point i have been off work. The feeling of disasociation and constant stomch pain and broken anxious to the point of being scary sleep. Rougly been on them a year no higher than 15mg.. the doctor wants to try something else but wont start me on it till ive had a washout....anyway back to why im writing this

My last tablet was friday 13th (in hindsight what a bad day to start!!!)

First couple of days not too bad apart from sleep and anxiety but for the last 2 days i have had the most awful sleep where i fall asleep fine but wake up at 4am in a terrible anxious state and nausea is awful. I know these are withdrawl but i am having the most horrific migraines.. is this normal. Also did anyone else take diazepam while coming off. I was given 2mg tabs but due to being super sensitivei cut one in half but even then i felt very sick the next day. I do have migraines normally but usually its to do with monthly cycle but these are awful and even my triptan med isnt helping. Any advice? I do not want to reinstate mirt as this is my 2nd and last time i am withdrawing

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly, Im on mirtazopen too and came off 2 times very fast. Lost my job and was very sick for a wile. The anxiety was sky high for a long time with panic attacks all the time. Before med I never had anxiety or depression or panic attack. They put me on clonazepam 2 times last year and was even more sick on that too. Came off 8 months ago clonazepam was completely hell for 8 months and just now getting bettera little bit. Headache was terrible was crying with pain every day. 

Mirtazapine is a very strong medication. I would not come off CT 8 mg now what I know. I would do It very slow 10% reduction every 3-4 weeks. Otherwise you can suffer for a long time. I hope not but it can happen. 

Sorry if I could not give you better advise.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Kelly, how are you doing now?

• Posted

Hi thanks for comments guys and hi connie

Now on day 8 off mirtazapine had one good day on thursday where i felt actually normal. Im having awful migraines seems to be every 2 days where nothing lifts them. I have cold sweats thriugh the night they also seem to come every couple of nights. Unfortunatly the pain in my stomach which ive now had for 7 months is not much better but i have the gasto dc on tues. I would say the only benefit i feel as of yet is i dont feel as out of and and strange when i wake like i did when i was on mirt almost like a fog is lifting. My mood is still a little low but fingers crossed this will lift. Im still feeling like my face is on fire like i have a fever but i dont this is from when i wake until at leat mid afternoon. Im not on any other meds as yet as doctor wanted a wash-out first but i see her on friday. I really would like to be drug free but im not sure thats possible but im fed up of being drugged up and being sensitive makes side effects unbearable.

Im doing my best to ride this out as ive come this far and definitely dont want to go on that drug again. Ive done it without any benzo as they just make me sick.

How are things with you are you still on mirt?x

• Posted

Hi, I hope you could make sense of my mistake in pm, I don't know how to send a reply back in pm but I will work it out.

like I said try not to take a Mirt, I've never suffered with headaches but had them for about 5 weeks on and off. Try meds that are non addictive too help you thr the worst of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.