Mildly Enlarged Right Lower Quadrant Mesenteric Lymph Nodes

Posted , 1 user is following.

Last Jun 2020 I started to have peculiar chest pains and upper abdominal pains. After all sorts of tests I still remain undiagnosed, but one such test was an abdominal/pelvis CT in late December. For the most part the results were normal apart from "mildly enlarged right lower quadrant mesenteric lymph nodes measuring up to 10 mm short axis are nonspecific." I have a follow-up CT next week to check stability of these nodes. Obviously I'm overthinking and fearing scary outcomes, but at the same time I'm wondering if I really should be worried. I'm a 36-year old male, no oncological history, non-smoker, light drinker, I don't have the BRCA gene. My doctor seemed perplexed by the enlarged nodes as I've complained of no pain in the location where the enlarged nodes supposedly are. I remain pain free in that area. Does anyone have any thoughts about these findings that might help ease my mind? I have a chest CT I'll be doing with this follow-up CT. That one I'm more concerned about as it's my initial one and really the only pain I have is chest related at this point.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.