Mirtazapine is killing me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I been taking this for 10 days now and to be honest I havent felf this bad for a long time, I been given this medecin for my anxity and my sleeping gone bad, my energy gone down, 2 days ogo anxity just couldn't control it, and today I am feeling bad, drowsy, tirred and couldn't consontrate on anything,

anyone felt like that ? is it worth all this sufrings?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine usually works very quickly to relieve depression and anxiety, so it sounds as though it is not the right med for you. You shouldn't be feeling worse.
  • Posted

Hi.  How much mirtazapine are you taking?  Are you, or have you, been taking any other antidepressant?
    • Posted

Hi oldboy,

no I never taking any antidepressant befor, I am taking 15mg ones a day,

• Posted

That is a typical starting dose.  

I think mirtazapine can you worse before it makes you better - so you should stay with it.  10 days is not long to try it.  

• Posted

today  is my day 10 on mirtazapine, and it's my worst day so fare, 

got very anxious all day and this evening I am getting headachs and very tirred

I can't even stand the TV on, can't even unswer my phone, 

is that normal?  anyway got the same samptoms on this medications?

• Posted

I feel for you. I have felt like that - but came out the other side. Read the paper that comes with the mirt to see what side effects have been  reported.  There is no such thing as "normal".  Unfortunately antidepressants take some time to work and can make you worse during the delay.     

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.