Mixed stools hard and normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 3 years (I am 55) I have had mixed stools. i have extremely hard dry dark balls/pellets first 1-2 inches or small bits stuck on my softer poo every morning. I go every day and sometimes twice, but my stool is drying out overnight. I drink plenty of water, done all the tests my diet is good. I am wondering if anyone else has this?? This has been regular for every BM first thing after i wake. I am worried if I ever miss a day of going how bad would it be. I tale lots of magnesium, probiotics etc spent thousands.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I go through periods where I get the same ad you say. Then suddenly, and for no reason, soft pasty stools, then it changes to hard pellets. All one big mistery!

• Posted

hi steph, i am a bit younger than you but was told years ago i had ibsc, not d my bowels were too sluggish, i was given laxatives to take to help the bowel. question: have you been through the menopause? if so explain to your doctor's that your bowel habits have changed after the menopause. if not i apologize. you may end up like me: diagnosed with coeliac disease and not IBS!! i hope you get to the truth?? 🤞🤞🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.