Morning panic

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone else have severe morning anxiety? As soon as I wake up I’m in a full on panic, sweating et cetera. It gets better once I’m up but never fully goes away. I am not at the endocrinologist until August, but my latest bloods show my TSH is 0.16 although my T3 and T4 are near normal? does this mean they won’t give me any treatment? I have all the symptoms, including problems with my eyes but have been fighting my doctors for two years for a referral !

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sounds like you have graves disease symptoms, especially with the eye discomfort. does it run in your family? usually hereditary. your tsh isnt too far off and other numbers are normal but i always say LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! you absolutely need to find a new family doctor! ridiculous you've had to wait this long for a referral! good luck and keep us informed what endo says.

• Posted

thank you so much, i honestly feel like ive been banging my head against a brick wall for ages.

I requested my test results from my doctors to go on my online record. Checking all tests as far back as 2015 my TSH results were flagged up as abnormal. All I want is to get back to normal!

• Posted

I can relate to this so much. I have morning anxiety too. My tsh was at a 0.20, everything else normal. Dr put me on methimazole 2.5 mg. I'm not sure it's helping though.

• Posted

Hi laz,

If your T3 and T4 are normal, only TSH is low, taking 2.5 mg MMI would probably mostly help according to my experience... diet change, taking supplements and herbs, stress control, etc will help even more and improve long term more effectively. Best wishes.

• Posted

hi Mike, thanks for replying. What supplements are good? I've been trying to eat better. Stress is a big one, I deal with a lot of it.

• Posted

Hi laz,

Other than essential vitamins (d3, etc) and minerals (selenium, etc), you may try acetyl-l-carnitine and l-carnitine. Eating right is more important than eating healthy or better. The key is to avoid certain foods as in API (autoimmune dietary protocol). Stress and anxiety are hard to control, but lifestyle change can help: exercise (yoga, tai-chi, deep breathing), music, meditation, close to nature... a trick to try: use Himalayan salt lamp. GL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.