My baby diagnosed with Pectus carinatum

Posted , 1 user is following.

My son is 1.6 years old. Found that he has Pectus carinatum when he is 1 year old. I couldnt find much information on babies having this condition. Joined this forum to figure out whether there are any more parents like me. Pediatrician had done chest x-ray, and vitamin - D test. Both seem ok. So, he has mentioned that its most likely genetical. Within 6 months, chest wall has grown a little more. As of now, there arent any serious complications. Sometimes, he is coughing while taking food/water. I would like to learn from other parents about how to take care of him and what to expect.

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.