My Bisoprolol story

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, first, finding this discussion has been so helpful, knowing im not the only one struggling.

Turned 60 this summer, my first mistake. Onset of spontaneous anxiety type attacks, increased BP and heart pounding, insomnia. Awoke once with my HR at 150, svt? sinus tach? Of course not captured on my 72h holter. N echo. Thallium this week. Was started on Bisoprolol 2.5 in ER but man i hate that drug. Tho no more significant episodes since. My cardiologist wants me to switch to Ramipril, which i started 2 days ago at 1.25 OD. Said i could just stop the Bisoprolol and might feel 'odd' for a couple of weeks. Well . ... not quite. So reading all of your threads, i decided to cut Bisoprolol in half to 1.25 for at least a week to see how goes. Feeling so jittery (its day 2 now) and BP up, not dangerously so tho. I think im going to try and tough this out. But wondering if anyone has any experience with introducing a new BP med at same time as tapering. Was hoping the new med might offset some of my symptoms? Also, i am asian, which i know makes me at higher risk for being a slow metabolizer of drugs.

Any comments would be really appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what is your update on change from bisoprolol to Ramipiril?

What symptoms did you go through?

• Posted

i switched from Propranolol to Atenolol and had no issue. However tapering the Atenolol has been a nightmare. Ive had a year of torture. I wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.