My child Toddler unresponsive and speech delay -2.4year

Posted , 5 users are following.

Am very concerned abt my child development. He is currently 2 years 3 month old and i feel he is lagging in basic development. He is very active physically like running. walking and claiming on table chairs. But he doesn't respond to his name always when called. He doesn't gives eye contact while talking with him. I though it could be hearing problem but he responds and come near when we play rhymes on mobile. At the same time when i say train he quickly respond and see the track beside my home balcony to see train. He says just one or two words like 'tha' 'kha' 'maa' , but he doesn't try to say other word since 6 months. He doesn't say bye or handshake or good morning.

scared more do he have any brain development disordered , recently contacted NHS GP and GP suggested for hearing test (currently waiting for appointment) . But i am sure he can hear sound and our voice, but he chose to not respond by shaking his head when we ask to respond. He can remember way to house from park, as we observed he walks before us while return from park( house near by park we take him to play daily)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.