My daughter has been sick for months. I need suggestions.

Posted , 1 user is following.

She started kindergarten this year and I believe it may be due to this. She was treated for strep and ear infections twice within the past couple months. They assumed strep due to white spots on her tonsils. She's taken Cerdinir both times but it never seemed to clear her tonsil or cough issue. She still has white spots (no sore throat), a lot of mucus production, and a nasty cough likely due to her tonsils.

The doctor now says it's likely viral and needs to clear on it's own. Would a viral infection last this long? Is there a way to confirm this? Are there any natural remedies we can try? Thanks for any input, it's been a very stressful time.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.