My ovaries are mad at me I guess

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been "sick" for a couple of weeks now following one day of back and lower right abdominal pain so bad I couldn't get out of bed. I got a bunch of digestive symptoms after that like nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and feeling full and bloated all the time. I started having pain in my shoulders so I took a hpt to rule out a failed mirena since its been a couple of months since my last period which was just brown spotting for a day. After that came out negative I talked to my primary via zoom and we agreed it was probably gastroenteritis and some new-to-me gerd causing my symptoms and to start prilosec and keep waiting it out a bit. Over the next week the pain became more diffuse throughout my abdomen and then yesterday I ended up having a horrible twisting sharp pain in my lower left side while bending over slightly, it felt like if I stood up straight something inside of me was going to tie itself in a knot, 10/10 pain, couldn't even speak coherently for a moment . My husband urged me to go to the er so I did, and of course the pain started getting better as it has this whole time, waves of intense pain followed by a long enough break to make me think I'm maybe getting better. I gave the history of the last couple of weeks as well as I could and they said I had a very slightly elevated wbc (11.92), a small amount of blood in my urine but all other tests were normal. Ultrasound was the most painful one I've ever had, every press made me nearly puke. It showed normal kidneys but my left ovary has a "slightly irregular complex cyst" with no vascularity or free fluid (very small, less than 2cm), and my right ovary couldn't be seen due to gas and my size. Then jsut under that it says the cyst is "physiological and resolving". I couldn't see those results until today, he told me have a small cyst that is probably going away and we can assume that it ruptured and caused some pain and I'll be feeling better soon because otherwise there's nothing wrong with me. It's only been about 24 hours but I'm definitely still having waves of pain every couple of hours at least, on both sides but don't want to bother anyone about it yet, waiting it out again.

I have a few questions though, the first being why did the result call it both a complex cyst and a physiological cyst? Can a complex cyst be functional? I've had a ruptured cyst once before but it was obvious because of the fluid and I didn't have a single symptom until it ruptured. How can they tell the complex cyst is resolving on its own? Could a cyst this small even cause such pain? Could the pain on my right side be another cyst they couldn't see? Do these kinds of cysts cause symptoms for this long usually? Could it caused by scar tissue from my previous c-sections or my mirena? My mirena has also brought me constant breast pain, do I need to worry about cysts there too? I'm starting to feel like a hypochondriac but I'm just so tired all the time and over all the stabby pains.

Thanks for reading this far, it helps to even type out my questions so I remember them better for my doctor if nothing else 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.