Natural Ways to Cure Ulcer

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone found a natural way to cure ulcers? I cannot take antacids.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I heard eating red peppers cures some ulcers. If you have the H Pylori Cayenne pepper and maybe Apple cider vinegar with the mother. 2 natural remedies right there. Try them and let us know.

• Posted

Have you tried OTC antacids to find out if you can tolerate them? Standard antacids help me; I would give them a go because thy are designed to control reflux. There is only anecdotal evidence to suggest natural remedies work better. MIlk works for me and cured my grandad's ulcer but you are unable to take milk. I would watch with apple cider vinegar; vinegar is acidic and can trigger heartburn. When you have reflux, it is better to avoid anything acidic. I would ask about an endoscopy to find out whether you have an ulcer nor not. There is no other way of finding out.

• Posted

HI Pippa,

I immediately started to feel better one day after stopping omeprazole but I took zantac 150 today and I was back to adrenaline rush and unable to take deep breath 1.5 hrs after taking it. Could still be after effect of omeprazole, doc said that could take a week to get out of my system but if this continues I am thinking maybe I can't take antacids or maybe I just need to try others. What happens if a person is just too sensitive to meds. I often am. Had life threatening reactions to sulfa and codeine as a kid.

• Posted

use DGL and aloe vera juice they help a lot of people cure there ulcers. i read a lot about cabbage juice cures ulcer quickly. but its hard to take , i tried like for 3 days its horible taste , very difficult to swallow it and the smell awful. btw how do you know u have ulcers? i

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I would suggest you to check the reviews for a natural cure called "Ibarogast" .

For HPylori, check for Pylori plex and Gurrow's forumula Mastic Gum

• Posted

use DGL AND aloe vera juice .they might help aloe vera has healing powers . cabbage juice cure ulcers quickly, i don't know if its true i tried for 3 days . its horrible taste, awful smell could not take it more though i am thinking of taking it again . btw how do you know you have ulcer?

• Posted

A cup of hot tea with lemon juice and sugar will relieve many abdominal ailments within one hour or less.

• Posted

Lemons are bitter and can cause heartburn; with reflux, you are better to avoid anything acidic. I avoid highly acid foods to keep my reflux controlled.

• Posted

I definitely can't have anything acidic, especially with the IBS on top of it. I am eating same foods daily just to avoid a flare.

• Posted

I think the stomach burning could be linked to your IBS because heartburn is a symptom. Have you tried a food diary to see what foods could be causing the burning? An ulcer has not be proven because your doctor has not offered an endoscopy. Gaviscon is mild and does help heartburn.

• Posted

I tried keeping a food journal and it has not worked for me. There is no rhyme or reason to my symptoms. Like tonight I am severely bloated after eating the same things I have eaten for days with no problem. I am at such a loss.

• Posted

Your symptoms are a common feature of IBS. Unfortunately, it is trial and error to find your problem foods and it will take time. Maybe try avoiding the foods that caused bloating even if you had no trouble with that food previously. Your food diary has worked to the extent that it has shown you have unpredictable and changing food reactions. This is a step forward. Maybe try Fodmap. IBS can be very confusing.

• Posted

i am in your boat. i hate food diaries, but i have kept one off and on and can not find any pattern to my gut issues. i have serious gas and bloating that just comes and goes. at times, i feel wonderful and get my energy and motivation back to live life. then...it strikes with a vengeance. keeps me up all night. i also get this very hard to describe crawling feeling all over my body. it comes in waves and is extremely uncomfortable. it fades and in a few minutes will come again. i have also been losing weight. i also have hashimotos. i'm trying to put it all together. i have tried everything i know to try and nothing seems to work for long. gasx helps a lot and kombucha helps even more. i eat a very clean diet, and keep our environment free of toxins and technology (mostly - some is necessary). there are so many of us with these mysterious problems than neither conventional nor holistic even seem to be able to solve.

• Posted

Lynne,

I have Hashimotos also and wondered if things were connected. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder so that for sure is NOT helping.

• Posted

i have read that digestive problems are more common than has been reported for thyroid problems. it's hard to say which came first or what is influencing what. i have also had panic attacks in the past and still have some anxiety, especially when i am in pain and can't think in a peaceful way and all the negative what-if stories start coming up. and, as you know, stress can certainly cause digestive problems. another chicken/egg quandary. meditation has helped me, and researching psychoneuroimmunology. a book by dr. joe dispenza called "the placebo effect" has truly valuable information about how powerful we really are, not victims. it has not been a cure-all for me, (yet anyway) but i do believe the mind is key in any struggle - physical, mental or emotional. putting it all together and into practice is challenging.i'm of the mind that we can help each other through these things better than most doctors b/c it doesn't seem like doctors, conventional anyway, don't put all these myriad symptoms of cross diseases together to find a root for it all. the body is one organism that is all connected. i have read that digestive problems are more common than has been reported for thyroid problems. another "which came first and what is influencing what" conundrum. let's keep sharing our experiences. it's not only helpful, it's very comforting and encouraging.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.