Need advice - Umbilical Hernia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I juz found out i hv a small umbilical hernia at my post-operation gallbladder. FYI, I have some symptoms as below:-

1. Bit pain when standing, walking for an hour, laughing, side sleeping, 

2. No bulge yet

3. Bloating, nausea, feel like wan vomit (not sure is cause by it or hiatus hernia or gastritis that i hv)

Can I just wait for few months like 5 months to go for operation?

Thanks. Sorry for my poor english. >.<

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes you can wait until you can't stand it any more. You need to see your doctor however and let the doctor decide if you can wait.  

• Posted

Thanks Judith~

I think i get this because I do sit up for few times till i heard a 'POP' sound from my belly button... then i feel bit pain and hot sensation around there.. >.< sad T_T

• Posted

Well, Selphie, this is a long and windy road you are going down.  I had 1 1/2 years of surgeries and rehab. I am finally almost back to my normal self. 3 surgeries took a lot out of me. I still feel partial intestinal obstructions.  There is nothing I can do about this.  I knew nothing of any of this before the spring of 2015. 

Hang in there.  You too will get through this. 

• Posted

Thanks Judith~ Wish there is nth happend during this happy month - Christmas month >.<

• Posted

You can wait but you run the risk of it getting larger and needing a patch to repair it. Do all you can to avoid having to get a patch! They are horrible!!

VaperZen

• Posted

Thanks VaperZen~

Doctore checked and said there is a defect at there.. I not sure what he mean but i think there is a gap / hole near my belly incision. Maybe this call incisional hernia? He said just wait and see coz is still a small gap there but he did give me warning no to give pressure to my abdominal and if things become worst, need go back operation XD so scary >.<

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.