Need your help ladies. Ovarian cyst experience?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies. Quick history. Had a partial hysterectomy (left ovaries only) 3 years ago. Was diagnosed last year by US with a small complex cyst (hemorrhagic) that calcified on my right ovary and again on my left ovary with another one a couple months ago. Also, had a pelvic MRI a couple months ago which was normal, other than some cysts. Each time, I had pains that brought me to seek answers. Most of the time, it wasn’t excruciating, but it was enough to cause me worry. Usually felt like a pulling or tugging feeling with some sharp pains on my side (where ovary is) and would extend up and over my hip. My pelvic area would also be sensitive, especially with exertion like sneezing or coughing. This would bring on the sharp stabbing pains (Like the ones you get when your pregnant and the ligaments are stretching) and bloating. It would last for weeks. This time started the same a couple weeks ago, but now I have the sharp pains just from stretching and there is definite generalized aching across the pelvis in between the sharp pains...and of course, bloating. The achiness seems to be worse in the morning. Anyone experience this with cysts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have had the same experience. I could have written your post word for word. I had a hysterectomy in 2018, kept ovaries and have had cysts a few times per year since with one being a hemorrhagic. I have the exact pains that you describe. My doctor seems to brush my complaints off. I now have a new cyst that became painful 3 weeks ago and it is causing those issues again. My pains are also worse in the mornings and I feel like maybe this is perhaps due to holding the bladder overnight and using the restroom in the morning. I have wondered if my surgery could have caused some of this pain too.

How long do your cysts tend to last? Do they go away on their own or rupture? I have had 1 rupture.

• Posted

I could describe her post word foe word too... I know this post is quite old but it's exactly what I'm going through. had a partial hysterectomy and kept both my ovaries. it's been 13 months now and my gynae told me after a pelvic check up that I had a chat on my left ovary. scan confirmed a 3cm complex ovary. the back pain, nausea and bloating are so hard to deal with. what did you ladies take to help with those symptoms. pain killers at times don't even help . I hope you are both doing better now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.