New hippies and ones recovering...

Posted , 20 users are following.

Well, I have had my fair share of ups and downs on this journey and a few besides, and there were times when I thought what on earth have I done??

BUT...I have just got to that stage now that it has ALL been completely worth it. This afternoon I will be going along to my daughter's match and I will stand there for once with all the other parents cheering for my child and the team, and I will for enjoy it and not be crippled with unbearable pain like I was before.

I hop in and out of my car completely pain free, couldn't even GET in the car pre op.

Bounding up and down the stairs, not a care in the world.

Walking - no pain. Found myself running the other day without thinking! Oh the joy of it! Seriously I could cry with simply sleeping all night, and not have that terrible bone pain. I am sleeping every night all night smile

Cycling, swimming, shopping - basically I have my life back....at long last.

It is not always easy, but nowhere near as bad as I thought (I am not at all worried about my next one just to be clear) it really is okay.

Without a doubt this was the best thing I have ever done, and would do it all again tomorrow - don't delay, or waste time, take a deep breath because despite the peaks and troughs - and there will be many, it is an amazing operation, and here you will find all the love and support you need. One day you will wake up and you will be well.

Thank you all my dear hippies - for the endless care and guidance, support and love. I could not have done it without you.

(This is not my final post, just wanted to share my thanks and life to date)

17 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Next
  • Posted

NIce Post for others to read!!! Well Done !!!!
    • Posted

Ian you are not doing too bad yourself dancing the night away these days smile
    • Posted

I just wanted to i had been through hip joint replacement and got foot drop because of this . Just wanted to with exercise n muscle Stimulation can it be solved properly ?

I am doing exercise a lot. Please reply , your reply will be helpful

• Posted

I just wanted to know , i had been through hip joint replacement and got foot drop because of this . Just wanted to with exercise n muscle Stimulation can it be solved properly ?

• Posted

I just wanted to i know had been through hip joint replacement and got foot drop because of this . Just wanted to with exercise n muscle Stimulation can it be solved properly ?

• Posted

Hi kapil, 

Welcome to our hippies forum - I noticed that you asked this question a couple of times -

We are here for each other and I am sure many will be able to help you, but please start a new (your own) discussion ...    there is a green box , just click on it and start writing and then post it, okay ....

Looking forward to seeing you there ...

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee , thanks I know but my question has not been answered...

• Posted

I just wanted to i know had been through hip joint replacement and got foot drop because of this . Just wanted to with exercise n muscle Stimulation can it be solved properly ?
    • Posted

I know, darling - but a lot of members have left this discussion, you see - 

Your question has nothing to do with the topic of this discussion -

so sorry ...

• Posted

I know many people did not reply but foot drop is the complication of hip joint operation. My sciatic nerve were compressing before operation , which got released after hip joint operation . so wanted to know about this . now nerve got injured which is regenerating now
    • Posted

What Renee is trying to tell you is that you might get better results if you post your discussion under a suitable heading instead of using someone else's discussion on 'New Hippies and ones recovering'.  

People are much more likely to see and reply to your discussion if it's under a suitable heading such as 'Foot Drop after THR'

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

I agree with Graham.  Your question is lost in this thread.  It's not that people don't want to answer, they're just not seeing it.

Cels x

• Posted

Thank you SO much for your encouraging words! I am at 9 days post and found this site a few days ago when I was thinking all was wrong and I'd ruined my body! You all helped me calm down and realize it's a process that takes time and patience. Thank you Hippies!
    • Posted

Sue, I can not tell you how many times I have been where you are...and how times I thought I would NEVER EVER be better, but it comes, it takes a long time...but it comes....I am 4 months and 3 weeks or something like that...see I have even lost track which is always a good sign.

You are very very early days, the first ten days to 2 weeks are always the worst, and then the recovery really does pick up, and you will begin to feel amazed at what you can do....and sometimes what you can't!! 

But we get there...and you will too...hang in there, patience is key, and a sense of humour smile Big hug and well done, you must be feeling very pleased that you are through the worst x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.