New to Mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any advice on mirtazapine 15mg would be great as i dont know much about it

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,

Yes i was on mirtz for anxiety and sleep. It works different for people, but it did help me with sleeping, however it increased my appetite and i put weight on, however i did eventually taper off fm 30mg down to 15mg and down to 7.5mg. Back to normal sleeping and eating now. Good luck.

D

• Posted

Thanks Deborah i dont know why ive been given something to help me sleep. Ive never had a problem sleeping x
  • Posted

Hi Emma

I started taking mirtazapine three nights ago. Because I was nervous I took only half a pill the first two nights and moved to 15mg last night.

So far the only unusual symptoms I've experienced are that I kind of shock waken as I'm dozing off a few times before actually falling asleep, but I am getting a bit more sleep than I was. I also wake up feeling groggy the next day.

As listed in the side effects, the only one I've experienced is being more talkative than usual. Apparently I should consult a doctor immediately if this happens but it seems like a good thing so I'm unsure why I would need to.

It may simply be that CBT, regular exercise, healthy eating, and avoiding alcohol and coffee, are playing a strong role in my recovery too. Depression, anxiety, and insomnia are really no fun all at once.

I'm going to be on 45mg soon enough, I have to make sure I'm good on 15mg for 10 days then double the dosage. Then 45mg in 3 weeks.

• Posted

Hi,

Thats really good to hear. Im glad your having a positive response to it.

Ive just had to ring the out of hours people for advice. The 15mg is just too strong so theyve adviced me to take half.

I normally go to the gym or for a walk but because im so spaced out wouldnt dare go on my own. Im only 8 stone and 5ft 2 so maybe its a bit too strong for me

• Posted

Hi Emma

I had a look through the forums and I've seen a couple of people recommending to start at half dose and gradually build up. Maybe stick to 7.5mg until you've spoken to your doctor again if you're worried.

Good luck, I hope they work for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.