Newly diagnosed episcleritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all, I was just diagnosed with episcleritis. Ive had it twice now in the past 3weeks. Reading on this, looks like i'm going to continue getting these horrible eye flare ups.

I'm curious, has anyone tried CBD oil as an alternative to steroids? Did it work or help anyone with pain or recurrent flare ups?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Tamerake

I have been having episcleritis on my left eye only since 2013. I am female age above 50.  The first bout took less than two weeks to recover. The  second bout took one month and now is the third flare up.   Started in beginning of May 2018.  This is my fourth ophalmologist  I am seeing.  I am ordered to do systemic blood test plus TB test chest X-ray.  Yes every each flare up I am asked to run this test and the result always came back negative.   I am now prescribed with pred forte and synflex. The redness of my eye still there and does not seems to completely gone.  Scheduled to follow up visit in early July.  Probably I am ask to take steroid.   

There is no one ophalmologist can cure episcleritis.   If there is i wish to know.   I hate the idea of having to live with it for the rest of my life.   

I am in this group discussion hoping to find someone who has episcleritis get cured and I want to know about it.

• Posted

I have never used CBD oil. I have thought about it but I have been flare up free for almost a year now. Hopefully I stay flare up free. 

However, back in my younger years and before I had children i use to smoke marijuana and it really helped with the pain and inflammation that i had with Iritis. 

The first eye doctor that I went to for my scleritis/episcleritis in a very round about way kinda told me to. haha he told me that the infammation was similar to glaucoma and medical marijuana helps with it. So i went and smoked me some and came back to him ( i smoked before my appt) and he called me out on it. He was my doctor and I wasn't gonna lie about it so i told him I did smoke before I came  and he said my inflammation had gone way down. 

If you end up trying it please, please, please come back and let me know if it works 

I hate the steroids that they give you and the side effects from them. Not to mention the fact that using those steroid drops to much and to often can cause your vision to get worse. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.