Non bacterial chronic prostatitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been suffering from symptoms since over 30 years now! Thought I escaped with the last episode about 10 years now it has resurfaced ..funny docs don't have a definite answer ..now it seems there is a cyst on the prostate gland and they want to take biopsy...so scared about the procede really is it painful?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Satan,

The biopsy itself is not too painful. Something like getting an injection for each biopsy, IF THEY USE ANESTHETIC. INSIST ON THAT. The anesthesia is delivered by an injection into the prostate. Also, insist in a transperinial biopsy instead of a transrectal one. It is dramatically safer. Otherwise, you run a significant risk of prostititus.

Neal

• Posted

Good morning Sajan,

I cannot comment on how the biopsy feels. My partner is also lined up for one in a few weeks as he had negative MRI. In our area the TRUS is the normal method and we are so worried about infection more than the pain. I have heard if frozen up well it's not painfula as such, just a sensation of pressure. I'm sure there will be lots of men who will reply with first hand experience. Good luck.

• Posted

I have been years with Uti s but there are apparently many doctors ( if they are as mine) who do not think prostatitis exists ( as per the reserch papers written by eminent D Toth  USA and a professor Nickol.  

I now find that I have an infection of the prostate that must have started years ago but no adequate course of antibiotics were ever given to me. The worst thing is that although there is a clamp on antibiotics across the board for myself no adequate lab work has been performed on the delicate sublect of prostatic fluids. An engineer should not have to obtain and administer antibiotics for himself but needs must I am afraid.

Every chap is of course different but the tools are there if the doctors will use them but it has been a very uphill struggle to see a doctor who knows all there is to know about mens prostates and I do mean ALL there is to know.

I have had good results from this last months course of antibiotic due to my doctor being a 'thinking' doctor and have confirmation that the antibiotic I chose through reserch was doubled up by her. A guy should not have to get on his hands and knees and plead for help but that was nigh on what I had to do

to get someone to listen to me.......

An old lady once told me many a doctor does not listen but I've been in this skin

70 odd years and I know I am infected by something.....

• Posted

Dear Mickelmus,

It has been good to hear your story, I was diagnosed 28 years ago as having chronic prostatitis. and like you say it has been an uphill struggle getting doctors to do anything about it,  What antibiotic have you chosen and has it worked ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.