Non-stop brown discharge after surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my hemorrhoid surgery with laser on September 18 this year. Three internal hemorrhoids were removed. I am 2 months post-op and still having brown discharge. Some days it's less, some days it's more, but it never stops. I have been doing kegel exercises four times every day for the past month with the hope that it will help my inner anal sphincter strengthen. But it feels like it will never stop and I'll never recover. It's mentally killing me. Any one experiencing the same problem? Any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you go back and read some of the earlier posts on this site you'll find quite a few discussions on the yellow / brown discharge.

It generally stops at around 2 months.

Its a pity the surgeons don't advise you on this as it can be quite a worry.

• Posted

I have seen those discussions. My discharge has already been ongoing for two months, and it doesn't seem like it will stop anytime soon. I fear it might take more than several months, perhaps even over a year. The issue is that I'm uncertain whether I'm healing or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.