Not losing any weight

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on orlistat for 2 weeks nearly and haven't lost any weight? In fact I think I may have gained! Can someone help me with this because I don't know what I should be eating...if you eat low fat foods the tablets don't work and if you eat high fat content you just end up going to the loo?!

Help!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi soph, you are meant to follow a very low fat diet. Everything you eat has to be lower than 5g of fat per 100g. Means lots of reading packets!! Also each meal must be no more than 15g sticking to to 5g rule still.

If you are following it correctly you should have no side effects at all.

This tablets just stop you eating bad stuff because of the awful side effects. They are not a magic drug that makes you loose they help you make right choices.

When I did it I stuck to the 5g rule, it's very strict but it works. I lost 4half stone in 7/8 months. Good luck Hun. X

• Posted

Oh yes I stuck to 1300 calories a day too. If you have more calories going in even if it is low fat than you're burning off you won't loose even with the tablets. smile
    • Posted

Hi!

Thank you for your reply...! Anything numbers I get so confused 🙈 Do you have any recommendations on what I should be eating for breakfast lunch dinner etc? X

• Posted

Breakfast I'd have poached egg on toast (no spread on toast)

Or oat so simple or jam on toast..

Lunch always cous cous with Tom , cucumber, grilled chicken.

Jacket spuds with plenty of fillings and salad ( no butter or cheese or high fat Mayo)

Those pasta n sauce are good for work hot or cold.

Evening meal was stir frys ( with fry light not oil) fish and roasted veg (again with fry light) steak and sweet potato wedges. Just remember no oil, no butter or spread and things like crisp biscuits and all the good things are all out of bounds! My friend had a accident with the orange oil as had pizza 2 days before and ruined her car seat!! She said she couldn't stop it. It's really not worth it. Stick to it and the weight will come off xx

• Posted

Hi, you also need to drink plenty of water each day.

It takes a couple of weeks for he tablets to kick in, stick with it

• Posted

Hi

Thank you I'm trying to drink as much as I can, I drink about 2l I'd say including cups of tea and I add sliced lemon to my water..

Any meal plans or food advice? X

• Posted

Hi Soph2004 I use stur it's a water flavouring with no calories also if you go online and Google low fat diet plan there's so many, even some provide a shopping list, also if you can download my fitness pal on your phone, it has a scanner you can scan your foods it tells you if they are high in fat it really helps and try to not buy high fat foods you just have to be really strict with yourself, if you are not consuming too much fat then your body starts to burn off the fat in your body..... Good luck xxx
  • Posted

Hi what the doctors say, cut down on carbohydrates. If you eat too much carbohydrates than your body needs, it will store in your body as fat, which means weight gain. Avoid bread rice pasta and other foods that contain carbohydrates.

EAT foods with fibre. Beans, etc.

Also if you burn off more calories than you eat you are guaranteed to lose weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.