now I know what u mean by ORANGE OIL...

Posted , 6 users are following.

ok, so its not a nice subject but being a newbie and now on my 5th day I was entrigued by this O/oil. Blooming hell did I find out toay. Luckily I have been at home all day, just aswell coz I have not been off the toilet.

My question is...... Do we get this o/oil when

A- We over do it on the Fat intake

B- It is just the Orlistat getting rid of the fat, or

C-I can't actually think of a third reason yet.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Oh my tip of the day. You think it you need to pass wind, well don't risk it without being on the toilet= Attack of the orange oil!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Cant help with your questions but I know what you mean by not daring to pass wind...... lol we learn as we go on don't we..... :lol:

I'd like to see the answers to your questions too, so come on someone who's been on the tabs a while or just someone who knows.

xx

• Posted

I constantly feeling like im clenching the butt cheeks to keep the wind in, then my stomach making all these noises. it has to be a dead give away to anyone near me who can hear it. I just say oh i must be hungry. lol

Well anyone who can answer my question as my first topic as Snubbles and I would like to find out.

Home weigh in tomorrow evening, I think the only thing I have lost is wind :? so I 'll keep anyine who listens posted on my progress!! :wink:

Best of luck blue buddies!

• Posted

Hiya

Well I'm no expert but these are my findings on the dreaded orange oil!

It happens when I eat something with too much fat in it and take a tablet.

Eg. if I eat cereal for brekkie with milk and take a tablet, no oo :D

If I eat a McDonalds and take a tablet about 20 minutes later all hell comes free! :evil:

I have been working off anything more than about 6g of fat per meal and it happens.

If I know I have a meal out or a night out and will have no choice but to intake a high amount of fat or calories, I have found alcholo is a killer but it doesn't have much fat, just calories, then I have to stop taking my tablets 3 days before the event otherwise they still work, albeit it a lot less each day but they still work!

A tip I read once was to put a small cotton wool ball (you know where) and then if you pump and oil does come out you haven't ruined your clothes! this is a good tip if you go to lunch at work as wasn't planning it etc!

I have found that when I feel the need to pump, I always make sure I am on the toilet as you never can tell what may or may not come out too!

Hope this helps...good luck!

Lxx

• Posted

The orange oil episodes are a result of too much indulgence in the 'F' word !!!!!!!! I mean 'FAT' of course !!! What did you all think I meant !!!! No it doesnt wash out. Trust me.Ive been taking orlistat for a year now and had some bad experiences when Ive had a treat.No oil and freedom to fart without following through so to speak means you have been good and should continue the good work.Do allow yourself a treat every so often, but within reason.Good luck.xx
  • Posted

.\"No oil and freedom to fart \" :lol:
  • Posted

Some great tips there, but I must be doing something wrong then.

I have tried my best not to exceed 40g of fat per day, my b/fast is usually about 6g, lunch about the same and dinner maybe 10, or 15 at max. Am I having too much????????????

I have followed the pack instructions and it does say when you first start taking these little blued eyed boys you will find experience \" leakage\" .(great word and how appropriate)

I am on my 6th day and since saturday ( 4th day) i've been constantly cleaning my loo to get rid of the O/O after my every visit. Even if it is just to fart/pump/trump/let rip/pass wind... whatever we call it.

I won't give in though as am determined to beat the bulge and the o/o no matter what noise or mess I make in the loo.!!

Yeah mr Nasty orange oil i hope you heard that... I wont give up and I won't let you win!! lol

Oh and on a good note I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 2.5lbs in 6 days! yahooooooooooo

x

• Posted

Hi, my problem is how to clean the toilet properly after the orange oil episodes at work or a public place.....i started the blue meds now that i'm on annual leave and going back to work next week.....so many questions going through my head like what if i have the o-o accident, what if i can't clean the toilet at work properly like i do at home.....I'm even thinking of stop taking this medication to avoid embarrassing myself at work.

• Edited

Hi I've just done the exact same thing and started them on annual leave. Only had two small OO episodes and now have sorted out my fat intake I don't have any (day 7). Can you take a bottle of cleaning product into work with you? Depends if you can tell your colleagues about it or not?? The fear of embarrassment will stop me eating anything I shouldn't!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.