Now on very strong anti biotics

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone

How everyone is ok.

Sorry I have not been about but there is a good reason. Things have got worse for me the last week or two. Nether my own GP , nurse or the hospital were listening to me about the pain and swelling in both my legs;.

So I called the out of hours GP today and he paid me a homje visit after I explained that I thought I had cellulitis. He came took one look at my legs, Ankles and feet and said I agree with you. I have now been put on a two week course of very strong antibiotics and I have just taken the second one and already things are getting better. There is still a long way to go to get all the swelling down but at least it is now going.

I see my consultant on Monday and I don't think he is going to be too pleased when I tell him what has been missed for so many weeks. I just hope my hip has not become infected.sad

4 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hailea

I'm so sorry to hear about your cellulitis.  Its good that you were persistent and called an out of hours doc. At least you got a diagnosis. Some people just accept what there doc says {or doesnt say} and thats it.... Good for you.  I'm like that as well. I will say things like that tablet is contra indicated etc etc....No its not.....Look iot up and check it......well yes possibly!!!!!! You do have to keep on top of them  LOL Hope you keep getting better 

Love Eileen  UK

• Posted

Thank you eileen. It is no different when than when you know there is something wrong with your child and no one will listen.

I know my self way to well to be shrugged off. I knew this swelling was not righjt and not just swelling from the op or deom whenm my hip collapsed. I am more aware now I really do have to be more careful and I am more medcly minded than most. I hate not being listned too when I know I am right.I have had way too many things go wrong when I was younger and do not trust doctors or hospitals and it is things like this that makes me trust them even less.

• Posted

Hi hailea ... darn it ... well, I agree with eileen - at least you got a diagnosis and treatment - make sure to eat some unsweetened yoghurt or pro-biotics ... 

It is so frustrating when nobody listens - I know that the blood pressure meds I am on are not right for me and have mentioned it so many times ... do they listen? well, they do and I am told to get the surgery done first and then we will check it..... surgery is done but now he wants to wait  until the second THR is done ... the problem is that they don't have the same meds as I was on when I lived in L.A. which i really doubt - since i am taking these pills I have gained a lot of weight and readings have changed -- well, this is a hip replacement forum - just saying how awfult it feels when nobody is listening ... 

going to bed now - 

have a good and peaceful night

love and blessings

• Posted

Oh it's so good to have a good old rant. Women (sorry gents) love to rant. We don't want solutions, we just want to rant.

Why dont the'professionals listen. It drives me mad

see another Dr insist they change your meds now. Have you got a partner?  I find they sometimes take more notice when a man is there. I know it shouldn't be, but men have more clout!!  

The weight gain is a pain as well isn't it? I'm 2 weeks 3days post op and since I've been home I gaine over half a stone. I am gutted. Trouble is eating the wrong food. Ready meals etc. tend to comfort eat a bit especially when I feel sorry for myself

hope you have a reasonable night

hig hug

Carol xx

• Posted

Thanks carol .. don't know what came over me last night ... this hot and humid weather makes me more aware of how uncomfortable I feel in my skin - nothing fits anymore or looks nice ... yig !!!!! 

oh well ... so much for that - there is only one doctor's office in this little village and I am grateful that they took me as a patient ... no partner - 

take care and be kind to your self ... 

big hug right back at you

• Posted

Hi Renee

Hope you are well

Yes it is so frustrating when medics just will NOT listen. Self diagnosis yet again. I just knew something just was not right and it was getting worse and worse every day. I am just hoping it hasn't got into my new hip.sad I refuse to be ignored. If one won't listen to me then I try another way.

If I were you with regard to your BP tablets I would say to your GP that the tablets are affecting your health and are not doing what they are supposed to do. You want then changing. If you have time to do this before you go in for you other hip. But if you don't Mention it while you are in hospital. They might put you on new meds and moniter you far better while you are there.

• Posted

I did that already - have seen all GP's in that medical group - already before THR - mentioned in the hospital too but my BP was low and the almost normal (duh !!!! ) while I was in there ...

of course it was .... 

• Posted

I see the difficulty you are in renee. Not sure what else I can suggest other than to keep trying and maybe shout louder and really put your foot down.

I can change my blood preasure at will. Hospitals think I have a high blood preasure. But it is only because I am streeing out being there. I do my blood preasure at home and it is fine.

• Posted

I am a therapist and have dealt with lots of people with what we used to call 'white coat syndrome' so when you say you 'can change your blood pressure  at will' you are absolutely right and well done you!  Now just practice relaxing and choosing to be calm when you visualise medics taking your blood pressure.  Practice, practice, practice until you can do it in almost any situation. 
    • Posted

Hi Laura

No sorry NOT " White coat syndrome ". It is something that happened to me as a child that has made me like this. Not going into details on here. But what I experienced as a child was unforgivable and something I will never get over..

• Posted

oh dear Hailea, I hope it resolves promptly. It's good That your GP started treatment promptly.

💌

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.