Nsvt worry.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wanted to make a post asking for some level of reassurance. Every once in a while I get this feeling where my heart will be at hard once almost like it stops then it immediately goes into beating super fast. It lasts anywhere from 2 seconds to 15 seconds. It might be constant pvcs or it could by SVT. my electrophysiologist said my svt was cured with ablation so I'm guessing it's not that but idk. It could also be NSVT. My point is I've heard all sorts of things that if VT lasts longer than 30 seconds you can die. How would I get to the ER in time if this happens? Can anyone who has had confirmed VT tell me if I'd have more than 30 seconds to get to the ER? I live in constant fear it will happen again and not go back to normal rhythm. I had an echocardiogram done last year and my cardiologist looked at it and didn't seem concerned. So I'm guessing my heart is structurally normal. But I still am worried about this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I also have similar bouts of what my cardiologist thinks is NSVT. I feel your fear and still struggle with the anxiety of it all, even after almost 2 years of it. Verapamil seems to help mine, but i can still feel my heart skipping. My cardiologist assures me that with my heart being structurally normal (MRI & Echo confirmed) my heart is strong and I shouldnt worry. Ive done genetic test, stress test (mine is often triggered by exercise), and an ep study that didnt show anything to ablate.

All of this to say, I understand the fear youre feeling - youre not alone. I started seeing a therapist to help me - AND staying off google. Ive been working through this for nearly two years - its frustrating, but Im still alive and living a great life while trying to make my anxiety calm down. 😃

• Edited

I know this is an 11month old post, but I thought I would reply anyway. SVT and VT are not the same thing. SVT starts in the upper part of the heart and apparently wont kill you. VT is in the bottom half and can cause sudden death if not stopped (either by itself or by CD). You don't die at exactly 30seconds. Death occurs if it continues and turns into VF (not the same as AF). I have read that this could be minutes, hours, days or weeks (some people have had VT without any symptoms). I have already read the VT is normally only seen in hearts that have had previous damage, or if you have LQTS. If VT is possible, I would be finding out where my closest defibrillator is located so I know where to go/send someone, and getting a mobile ECG like a ECG smartwatch or Kardia device to check what your feeling really is potentially VT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.