Numb foot!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I post something similar before but my left foot just feels numb no tingling just numb for almost a week now. It also feels cold. It's really bothering me an I hope it is nothing else wrong. Has anyone with fibro had numbness like this on just one side that lasted that long. I can't wait till it goes away.

Also on the same leg off an on it feels like my thigh has a clamp on it. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Amy

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would see your GP about that, it probably is the fibro but anything new like that you should really ask your GP about. It is easy to put everything down to fibro but it could just as easily be a trapped nerve or something else, can't think what but I'm not a Dr.

please get it checked, gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi Amber what diagnosis have you from your GP. If you have fibromyalgia you will get these odd sensations. The problem isn't really understood but I think it is cause by a blip in your autonomic system. When you are well you don't notice your autonomic system at all. If you have flu you feel ill, you go to bed because the flu virus is fighting your body, but in order to kill the virus your body forces you to sleep and sweat to get rid of the flu. You feel a bit better  you get up grumble and then in a few days you see the sun shine and you go on living your life. If you have fibromyalgia your body is like you had gone back to work grumbling. This is because you have 2 parts to the system that is keeping you alive. The the sympathetic (flight and fight) the parasympathetic (rest and digest) because your fibromyalgia has carried on your feeling pains and getting odd feelings. They will be frightening but they are just a way of telling you you need to relax if possible and rest. This is because your autonomic nervous system is slightly out of balance. If things worsen, go to your GP or rheumatologist 🍀
  • Posted

I agree with Shelagh, if it's new you really must see your Dr, especially given that it's been going on for a whole week. 

Take care and gentle hugs.

• Posted

Hi Amy, I have numbness and tingling regularlr on arms and hands during the night. They say this - peripheral neuropathy - is caused by some nerve damage. If you feel clamping in your leg it may be the case that some nerve is tight or strained. If you could get hold of some Epsom Salts  and bathe in them maybe the nerve would release. ... I know it's hot now so it's no ideal for any hot baths but maybe with warm water. Maybe if you could go swimming it would also help the straining. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi Amy I have had a numb foot the right foot, it lasted a week then it wwent off, next thing was it happened to the left foot but also affected my leg. It lasted a week then went a way. It may be down to fibro. but if i was you I would see your gp anything new is worth getting checked out with your gp. just to be on the safe side. as you never know whether its fibro or something else going on. better to to be safe than sorry.take care 
  • Posted

Thank you ladies so much I hate asking so much questions but I have health anxiety as well so I worry about things a lot. I will defiantly do the Epsom salt thing. You ladies make a difference!!!
    • Posted

your welcome ask us anything if we can help we will we are here to help support each other. Hope the epsome salts works for you take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

You're welcome! BTW - magnesium helps muscles and nerves and most women don't have enough ... perhaps you could also supplement it on a regular basis. Take care. 
    • Posted

I would second the magnesium injections Amy are you Hypermobile, double jointed, do you have diabetes? Do you feet go blue when they feel numb?
    • Posted

Hi I would second the Mgnesuim injections are you diabetic, do you have low BP OR high BP?  Do you feet go blue, or are they normal 
    • Posted

My blood pressure does stay on the little low side, I am not diabetic an my foot don't turn blue it just feels numb an cold.
    • Posted

Well that's good then it's not diabetic neuropathy then. Were you able to do party ticks can you bend back your little finger, or put your thumb down to touch you wrist? 
  • Posted

Hi again Amy, I just want to say that, as far as I know nobody on here is a doctor, while most of us have first hand experience of fibro we don't know all the other things that could result in your symptoms. I would be much happier if I knew you were going to see your doctor.

take care Amy, gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi shelagh I 2nd what you say I think Amy is best advised to see her gp 1st foremost even if its a phone consultation.fibro affects each every1 of us differently also in the severity of it also.some may have fibro miles others extrem. unfortunatly for me at the extreme level of fibro.I had numbness all in my face down the left side of my body and my speech was affected I was rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke. dr couldnt give me a definite answear to whether it was amini stroke or not. to be on the safe side any new symptoms should be checked with a gp take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Hi Amy firo affects us all different rangeing from mild symptoms to extrem symptoms fibro affects each every 1 of us differently in the severity of it. Any new symptom is worth checking out with your gp just to be on the safe side incase anything else health wise is going on even if its a phone consultation over the phone. it may or may not be connected to fibro. so personaly speaking if it was me I would speak or see your gp. none of us ladies are drs we just share our own experiences with what we are going through we are all on this forum to help support each other. I do hope you will get in touch with your gp and if you do please tell us how you got on take care amy gentle hugsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.