Numb foot!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I post something similar before but my left foot just feels numb no tingling just numb for almost a week now. It also feels cold. It's really bothering me an I hope it is nothing else wrong. Has anyone with fibro had numbness like this on just one side that lasted that long. I can't wait till it goes away.

Also on the same leg off an on it feels like my thigh has a clamp on it. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Amy

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Amy, Are u feeling better? XX
    • Posted

Thank you for asking, that's so nice of you. I was able to get ahold of my family doctor an she said that it is probally from fibromyalgia but wouldn't be bad to make an appointment with a nuerologist just to make sure there is nothing else going on. So I am going to call on Monday to make the appointment an hopefully to get in soon.

It seems to be getting better it's still there but not constantly it's off an on along with the burning in my thigh.

The hot baths in Epsom salt seems to help an then I also found that compression socks help.

I just wish it would go away. I said earlier I'm a big health worrier an I always think the worst an it would puts a damper on my life. It is do hard to do anything I just wanna hide under a rock but I have to push myself everyday because I have a 18, 6 an 4 year old that needs there mommy.

Thanks again it means a lot!!!

Amy

• Posted

Hi Amy. I wouldn't worry too much: it's only on one side and that means is more local that general. You may well have a compressed nerve and the numbness is the effect. I'm glad the Epsom is helping. It helps fibro too. 

A warm hug. Teresa. 

• Posted

Hi Amy how are doing? its good your gp is sending you to see a neurologist its good to rule out othrer things it could be. personaly speaking from my own experience it was down to nasty horrible fibro. I would keep rubbing my foot bathing it in warm water, because my feet hands are always cold I would wear fluffy bed socks I found that helped me. when it happened to me it went off after a week.so hopefully yours will start to get better. you will be fine try not to worry easier said than done I know? take care gentle hug
  • Posted

Hello,

I am so glad someone else has a cold left foot. But sorry as well, i would not wish this on anyone! My left foot is generally cold all day long. If I go shopping in the cold aisle it feels like a block of ice, and quite sore. Don't think it ever goes numb, but pins and needles, fizzing are regular feelings. Usually warms up by about 11pm. Also I usualy keep a sok on when I can!

• Posted

Hi Anne I suffer with very cold feet I wear fuffy bed socks I find that helps to warm my feet up. My feet are like blocks of ice I warm them up with soaking my feet in warm water then put the socks on. my hands are as babd as my feet they are always ice cold too hope you have a good weekend take care gentle hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.