Numbness and tingling on one side?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Anyone have numbness and tingling just on one side?  I've read tons about tingling in both hands or both feet.  My left side of my head and my right side of my body have these attacks of numbness and tingling.  NO weakness and they seem to come and go (not positional, not related to stress) 

Working to get a neurologist appt but would love stories to keep me from going to the worst case scenario.  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Desiree, tingling tingling tingling all menopause nothing wrong with you, so is numbness dr said its all package it will stop with time ok.
  • Posted

I had it for awhile too. would wake up with my entire arm asleep. it was happening every nite rhen all the sudden went away. im sure its peri and i will pass. this peri crap is scary!
    • Posted

Me too Kim! Last month or so I wake up because one of my hands has gone to sleep...numb/tingly. As soon as I move ut ur comes right but weird?
  • Posted

I do get numbness all over. It sometimes feels like just my hands and feet get very sensitive to touch. I get it on the left hand, arm and leg more than the right. Sometimes it is only on the left.

I saw a neurologist. She did some blood tests plus some neuro test in her office and she said I look normal. Blood tests also came back normal. I sometimes connect it to stress but am mot sure. I read that with tingling and numbness caused by peri or menopause it can be random and unpredictable. I truly hope that it goes away soon. Hope u feel better.

• Posted

Hi Desiree115

I just read your post and I have to say my heart goes out to you. Yes I've experienced the things your talking about and it's scary but after saying that some of the symptoms of menopause you couldn't make up if you tried smile

I'm really glad you raised this because until you speak with others you start thinking all kinds of things usually the worst scenario.Just to put your mind at rest let me tell you some of the other symptomsI've had so you don't feel alone.

A feeling of tingling in my head and on the side of my faceas you discribe. Itching under the skin like insects crawling, unbearable hot flushes, mood swings like you can't imagine, the urge to eat everything in sight, weird pains in different parts of the body & restless legs like they want to move but I don't. Don't worry if you haven't experienced this but if you do - youre definitely not alone

• Posted

Thank you Juliesmile I have the same things on and off for about 2 years ..

Desiree you are finesmile let us know how your drs visit goes! Good luck xxxxx

• Posted

Not to worry or freak you out, but since you say the episodes are on one side of the body and come and go, it sounds to me like it could very well be MS.  My first symptom of MS was numbness on one side of my face, which went away but came back with more troubling symptoms.  Definitely go to a neurologist as soon as you can and know that these days there are quite a few treatments available.
  • Posted

I've had this in my arm down to my fingers and it was related to my spine and neck. A disc problem. It's fine now after physio and chiropractor. Hope you find something to help. Best wishes x

• Posted

Hi i get dat most times also to my legs an body feel so numb an heavy no worries it will pass ..u take care an rest
  • Posted

Yes Desiree, unfortunately this is all too common in Peri and in menopause. I get this too and on my left side especially in my arm. So you can imagine my anxiety when this happens. I woke up this morning feeling this and my legs too and neck. It is such a bothering thing. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hey, .I have tingling and numbness in face, legs and back. Thought something was drasrically wrong. All tests come back negative. So am trying to exercisie as normal. Did a 10 mile race 2day and survived do things r looking up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.