One of 3 more tests done!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just got home a bit ago. I had the sleep apnea test last night. One of 3 more tests the Hemotologist ordered before a final diagnoses of Polythemia Vera is confirmed. I think I will sleep well tonight in my own bed. I did manage to sleep there but very interupted. In any case  it's done. Will keep everyone posted and looking forward to my Haemotologist appointment Feb. 12. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ellen,

Did the haematologist diagnose you with PV?

I'm at the very early stages of finding out that my Hb and Hct are a bit high. Been referred to haematologist and may be doing similar tests to yours. What other tests did you do and what symptoms did you have?

• Posted

HI there! I keep loosing my page for some reason. I may have to reply in 2-3 replays. I had gone through several tests. Lots of blood work, cat scan, hear ultrasoun and pelvic ultra sound, sleep apneas test and bone marrow aspiration
    • Posted

It was confirmed after another bone marrow aspiration and a repeat of a blood test that had to be sent away that my Polycytemia was secondary
    • Posted

After a lung function test and evidence in my cat scan of COPD Inwas referred to a respirologist. You asked about symptoms. I was tired. Red hands and flushed face. Itchy back and top of my feet. Currently I have regular blood tests done. Been put on B12 injections and my respirologist put me on an inhaler that has helped a lot. I just hit my blood truest back. The levels were a bit high but the same as my last test by the Hemotologist so my Dr. Said at this point Indont need to have a phlebotomy's 

• Posted

Ellen, just wondering as you were saying your blood results were only slightly high, haemoglobin been the highest red blood cells are high and Haematocrit and platelets just under high, I'm going to see a haematologist on Thursday as I've had all the usual symptoms of itchy skin and dizziness, I don't smoke, but there is heart disease in my family and my brother has had kidney cancer. Just wondering what your bloods were that you considered not too high just to compare and what tests did you have please email if you didn't mind? If you don't want to publish them on here as I realise that you have been confirmed of having polycythaemia with just a slight increase. Do you have polycythaemia vera?

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.