Oral / ingested Aloe Vera Gel

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,

has as anyone tried edible Aloe Vera gel and please advise if it has helped you or not.

i was talking to a lady today who has advised she is a distributor and she said it works on inflammation and helps improve skin diseases. I have read this elsewhere and wondered if anyone has had any experience.

Thanks,

Samantha

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, I know that Renee has written about Aloe Vera.  It has helped her a lot, together with Witch Hazel.
    • Posted

Hi, 

I use the external gel and witch hazel and I do think they are making a difference for me, I was wondering if anyone ingests it too as these are capsules that you eat/drink and supposedly work from the inside along the digestive system and then into the cells,

thanks,

Samantha

• Posted

I also have wondered about the gel.  I have read good things about it.  Some people use the product that is sold at the big stores and drink it dilited.  I wonder if that is correct?  I anyone has more info. on this please let us know
    • Posted

Hi, the lady I met recommended 60-120ml per day and said unless your on the aloe Vera cleanse diet she would not recommend more.
  • Posted

Hi

I drank aloe vera juice for a while 50ml a day I think. Can't say I noticed any difference and it was SO expensive. I alternate between 99% Aloe vera gel and coconut oil after toilet visits. I'm on Aloe vera gel at the moment and it burns slightly - more of a warm feeling - burn is a bit too strong to describe it. I don't know if that's good or bad. I've been really happy with coconut oil up to now, but thought it would be good to try something else.

I don't know is the answer. I thought I was stable but now think that I'm loosing bits very slowly.

Maybe I'll go back to coconut oil.

Beware of miracle cures - especially if they're expensive, but it's hard not to want one isn't it?

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I don't think there is any miracle cure for us in afraid. I've been using aloe Vera gel and just yesterday decided to try coconut oil. Thought I'd alternate maybe month by month. Whatever I try the appearance doesn't look too different, but I still have the tingle/itch!

Thanks

• Posted

Add baking soda to the mix, check diet, check hormones.  Somehow in the mix of these things LS 'behaves' better.
    • Posted

Nanny, how do you make up the baking soda spray? Can you advise me please how much baking soda to put in a small 100ml bottle please? Thanks 
    • Posted

I put three pinches of baking soda in a Perin spray bottle. (Perin bottle is the kind of bottle pregnant women receive after giving birth.  Just the thing for LS people to use)
    • Posted

If there's 100 ml in a Perin bottle that's correct.

Sorry for my late reaction, I was away.

• Posted

Ok, here is what i found when i googled aloe vera and side effects.  Aloe vera is an effective topical alternative for ls and lp used twice a day.  The only caveat was that over long term use it is possible to develop a sensitivity and reaction.  I use it when i get raw and/or itchy and inflamed and it helps almost immediately.  It usually calms things in a few days and then i go back to just coconut oil. I feel i want to be conservative with it as it is so effective. The information also included warnings that ingested in liquid form long term it is positively associated with colon cancer 
    • Posted

Thanks Lyn, that's interesting. I shall use the aloe Vera less often then. So far the coconut oil has been fine. Although I'm not sure if I'm using the right amount. About a small fingernail size?

many thanks for looking this up x

• Posted

Wow that's interesting! my mum had an aloe vera plant and kept a leaf in water. She drank the water every day. I can't remeber how long she did it for, but I think it was a few years. She died of Pancreatic cancer 15 years ago.

I know this is anecdotal, but I've always wondered if there was any connection. I didn't trust that the person who was giving her dietry advice knew as much as they claimed to. It was a friend, not a registered practitioner.

I'll treat it with caution from now on, the gel has been good, it's very soothing on bad days, but I've had better long-term results from coconut.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.