Oral / ingested Aloe Vera Gel

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,

has as anyone tried edible Aloe Vera gel and please advise if it has helped you or not.

i was talking to a lady today who has advised she is a distributor and she said it works on inflammation and helps improve skin diseases. I have read this elsewhere and wondered if anyone has had any experience.

Thanks,

Samantha

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know that some people drink the aloe vera juice, but I've never tried it. It's never been recommended to me.  Interesting to hear that you can develop a sensitivity to the topical gel if used too long.  I'm so much better after using it for only a couple of months that I only use it about once every other day now...and only after a cleansing spray of witch hazel...I believe they somehow work better together...at least for me that seems to be true.  Now that I've gone sugar, grain & dairy free my legs have also cleared up.  Still battling the OLP in my mouth...but it has also improved with the restricted diet...so I'm hoping with time I will see an end to that problem as well.  I think rather than drink the aloe vera gel that it would be wiser just to make changes in your diet to see if there is improvement after eliminating certain food groups.  I also eliminated all nightshade vegetables, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes and eggplant (sweet potatoes are okay).  I tried to add some of these after being off them for six weeks and I had a serious flare up of the OLP in my mouth. Ouch! 
    • Posted

very interesting renee. i'm trying the AIP Diet...but am also taking food grade supplements....or well i'm intending too. For some reason this is a great challenge. Is anyone else using supplements....and how are you getting on?
  • Posted

For info and without commenting on any pros or cons but I regularly have to delete posts and deactivate users who are distributors for a certain company and are trying to use these forums to plug/sell edible aloe vera gel. They pose as "real" sufferers so if anyone comes across this type of behaviour please report the posts or any private messages you may get as required.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Sure, I'd just taken my car for an MOT and while waiting the receptionist was telling me about it, I'd read about it before so wondered what other people thought. There are so many different products and ideas, it's hard to know what works and doesn't for someone new,

thanks for the message.

• Posted

thanks very much for raising this samantha. I've heard that al v   helps with irritable bowel but the cautionary advice is helpful. I do wonder though if is there any possibility that sufferers already had Ca and were trying this thinking they had IBS or some other gastro condition and that therefore the correlation is a bit misrepresentative? I just could n't take it myself uuuuurg !!  But a local soothing application such as renee sugests might be useful. Thanks again.
  • Posted

Hi, yes i have used aloe vera gel, I also drink a little aloe juice and cranberry daily, it wards off u.t.i's and for an i.b.s sufferer like me it puts a lining on my stomach before I eat.  It is very good for you, and it's natural!
    • Posted

Thanks Sam, I've just started this and also have IBS. So far I've had no problems with it and will continue the bottle. How much do you take? I've started with 60ml. Thanks, Samantha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.