Ovarian cyst advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am needing some advice from anyone who has experience with cysts as well. I have had on going lower pelvic pain for years, usually more so on the left side. I have had cysts on both sides before but the last few months i have been in horrible pain on the left. normally a period will eleviate the pain, however, the last two months it did not. i had another ult done with an OBGYN where he saw a 1.7cm cyst on the left ovary with somewhat irregular wall contour, but he said it was a simple cyst.

the irregular wall contour has me wanting more details. he thinks i have endometriosis an wants to do surgery to dx, however i have the pain where that cyst is, and im wondering if maybe thats something i should have more concern over?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. If you read the many postings regarding ovarian cysts you will note that your cyst is considered quite small. I caution you against surgery as many times surgery on a cyst this small isn't necessary. Wait and watch. Do your research and be certain to ...

Get second opinion!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.