Ovarian cyst and dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an ultra sound today because I was having twinges of pain in my kidneys, turns out my kidneys are fine but she found I have an ovarian cyst. For the last couple of months I've felt this dizziness, not virtigo but more of an unsteady feeling. Could it be because of the cyst? Has anyone else experienced this with ovarian cysts? I just want to get to the bottom of this unsteady feeling it's driving me crazy!! 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a paratubal cyst in which ive had low back pain and thought i have been having uti or kidney infections.
  • Posted

Yes! My dizzininess started about a week after I was diagnosed with a cyst. It’s pretty small (less than 2cm) so I am not sure why it’s causing this much havoc. The dizziness has gotten worse and it’s going on 5 weeks. Everyday. All day. Same as you, it’s not spinning, it’s dizzy and sick every time I move my body (look down) etc. Hopefully yours has improved by now. I’m hoping mine will rupture already! Ha.
  • Posted

Hello I have just been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. It is 6 cm roughly. I have been getting terrible dizziness and sometimes nausea. Feel so tired also. I wondered how you are feeling now? If your dizziness has resolved? I am so fed up of feeling like this, is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
  • Posted

My cyst is slightly larger than yours. I feel fatigued all day! Sometimes dizzy too.
  • Posted

I have been diagnosed with a 4.2 cm complex cyst on my left ovary. I am 63 and post menstrual. I have been dizzy, nauseous, abdominal swelling, headaches and tiredness. The doctor has suggested to watch it for 6 months. What am I missing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.